Chapter 12

Padgett Eve:

I was left in a pool of questions when Olga left.

What happend with his mother?
Does he love me?
Did he kill my father?
Did he kill Colton?
Will his obsession turn into love?
Is he capable of love?

All sorts of questions were roaming around in my mind. No one knew their answers, not even me. I guess we will see what time has kept for us. I came messed up I don't know what to do. So I did what I always do when I am stressed. I went to the library.

I was so lost in the books that I never realised that it was lunch time until Albert came in.

"Good Afternoon, Mrs. Knight. We assumed you would like your lunch here so I bought it here. If you need anything please just give me a call I will be outside." He said professionally.

But before he could leave I stopped him.

"Hey, Albert wait?" I said afraid he'll leave soon.

"Yes Mrs. Knight?" He said turning to face me.

"I wanted to ask you something about Sebestian" I said, making him look towards me with a shocked expression.

"How long have you been with Sebestian?" I asked neing curious.

"Since Master was 2 years old?" He said trying to remember. Albert was old but not that old too, I thought he just joined.

"Do you mind telling me your age since you've been working for Sebestian" I said afraid if he will mind it.

"Absolutely not, Mrs. Knight. My family has been serving the Knights from generations, so I started working at a young age, and old enough to remember now." He said proudly.

"What about his mother?" I asked, jumping to the point. As I asked this question I saw Albert was sad and hurt.

"She died when Master was 10 years old" he said remembering her. And I felt guilty, his mother died when he was only ten.

"How?" I asked in a bit of broken voice by knowing that.

Albert paused for a minute before saying," About that, Master has forbidden me to tell anyone. If he wishes to share it with you, he will do it himself." He said politely declining my question.

"What about his father?" I asked hoping to recieve an answer.

"He remarried and is living here in New York with his wife" he said and adding. "Master does not really like to talk about his past or parents, please prevent that topic, Mrs. Knight" he said sending me a hopefull smile which I returned and said.

"Please call me Padgett" I said again, because I was tired of hearing 'Mrs. Knight'. He simply smiled and left.

I left the book and started having my food. While eating I was thinking that what exactly was Sebestian's childhood that made him like this, and most importantly about his mother.

Just like this night came and I was laying on the bed, the whole day I didn't came across Sebestian after this morning. I came across Brad but he was in a hurry and went into Sebestian's office and later I heard some groans from his office. To which I was frightened but I didn't know what happened because he told me not to enter his office until he calls me there, which I personally wish he never does.

As I couldn't sleep, I was thinking about different things and suddenly thought about the marriage. Was he serious? Well there was no way Sebestian Knight would crack a joke. I was just tired of all the things and wanted to sleep, but my mind was feared of the upcoming day and I couldn't sleep all night.