Chapter 5 - Drama

Chapter 5

「Ah, is that so. Please take care of me at that time」

Currently, we’re in the Ingrasia Kingdom’s royal capital was to participate in the Council’s conference.

Well, rimuru got an invitation from them.

I just tagged along behind her as body guard…

Not official though.

And what I mean by "not official" Is I tagged along without even rimuru noticing.

Rimuru refused the impolite Council member and left the place after she had finished giving light greetings.

In the midst of a lengthy talk, another committee member also approached.

And then the conference began...from then on was the true hell.

At the last meeting, the agenda Hinata had proposed was to appeal for our cooperation.

I had heard it from her.

The defense would be entrusted to tempest, and a constant amount of money would be paid.

Then, we were located on the Empire’s invasion route.

If the war happened, it was natural for the rear to work together.

And then there was the real issue.

The purpose of participating in this conference was to make them a hand over their surplus forces.

In other words, Rimuru would show off the monster’s power and the powerful military strength in her possession.

Each country would pay their defense budget, and we would be used for good.

However, in fact each country possessed large military forces, their size enabled each country to ignore Tempest.

Tempest had already been recognized as a country.

Because rimuru and the gang were aiming for co-existence and co-prosperity with human society we should hesitate to hold a role of the defense force for the Confederation.

Besides, by giving support it would be possible to demonstrate our military force to watchful eyes of many countries.

It was a strategy that killed two birds with one stone.

Hinata had said that she had also aimed for this.

The soldiers under the direct control of the committee only included a few Holy Knights.

Therefore, by building a base for us, they could entrust the emergency response to us.

How did things turn out like this?

The desk Rimuru had kicked up was floating in the air and when it fell she pulverized into very small piece with her heel.

I crossed my legs, sat on the chair arrogantly, and glared at the Council members who turned pale.

They looked at her in surprise and I let out a sigh in my mind.

Because rimuru could laugh and forgive Milim’s selfishness.

But...

What about the committee ossans and their selfishness covered in greed that didn’t have any charm?

The answer to that was the large desk that was crushed before their eyes.

「Ah, you guys. Are you making fun of me?