Loneliness-Edward Nashton x Reader

The headlines were sure to commemorate this day. Gotham has opened its newest and improved museum and of course they had their special guest, which was my brother and I. The Wayne's and our precious fortune many would say whenever they'd see us twins together. I finished touching up the heavy makeup I had on and got myself dressed into a long expensive dress. Once I was finished I quietly walked over to the farthest room and pressed my ear against the door and lightly knocked on it.

"Bruce? Are you ready?" There was a long silence until he spoke up which was almost a whisper. "Ready for what?"

"Today's invitation to the Gotham museum. It's today and of course we were invited." I cheerfully tell him trying to make him happy. I hear Bruce sigh and he slightly opened the door, his dark hair was a mess and his eyes were also dark from losing sleep.

"Was it today?..i'm not going." Bruce was beginning to close the door on me but I stopped him from doing so, "What the hell, Bruce? People depend on us to-" "I don't give a damn what people say and you shouldn't either. You've changed." Bruce said glaring at me.

"I've changed? How about you, Bruce? You're always locked up in your room even Alfred is tired of you acting like this-" "Well, that's because you never gave a damn about our parents." Bruce coldly tells me, and that took me off guard. I didn't expect him to tell me that. Bruce stayed quiet when I also did.

Slowly I stepped back and began walking away without looking back. "Is everything alright miss?" Alfred looked at me concerned and stepped closer when he saw me.

He looked behind me and sounded disappointed, "Master Bruce. I assume isn't joining you this evening, correct?" The tall man walked me out of the manor and opened up the limo who pulled over.

"Correct as always, Alfred. I'm sorry you have to deal with him." Alfred gave me another concerned look and held the car door open. "If you don't mind me saying this..don't forget about your responsibilities." with that he shuts the door and left me thinking.

*********

"Thank you for joining us this evening Mrs. Wayne." The lady in charge announced and smiled at the cameras and the other rich people of Gotham who came. "It's a pleasure attending this event ma'am." I smile back and waved at the paparazzi's.

They were quick to begin asking many questions. "Why didn't Bruce Wayne come to the event?"

"What do you think of the mayor and his plan for the people of Gotham?" I closed my eyes and felt myself getting a bit dizzy.

"You never gave a damn about our parents" "Remember your priorities and responsibilities" many thoughts began going through my head and I felt myself becoming sick.

****Flashback****

"Dad look at me!" I exclaimed and giggled when I stood up and waved my hands around. Mom turned around when the lights in the theatre were on and gasped when she realized I was on the edge of the bar which were blocking us from falling down since we were above from the rest of the crowd.

"Thomas!" My mom shouted at him. My brother let go of my father's hand and dad can running to me and easily place me back to safety.

"Don't you ever do something like that, (Y/N). Bruce, I told you to look after her." Dad angrily looked at us both and mom stayed quiet.

"You're old enough to know what's right and wrong. Now listen to your brother..let's go." Dad looked away too angry to look at me. Mom took my hand and Bruce's and we began leaving the theatre.

"When we get home we'll-" "Wayne..." We began walking down a dark alley when a mysterious voice called our last name. My mother held my hand tight and Bruce began to shake. The man who stood in front of us had his face hidden and slowly he pulled something shiny, a gun. He aimed it at me and Bruce. Dad quickly stepped between us and a second later two gunshots were heard.