A Deadly Game-Bruce Wayne x Reader x Edward Nashton

Summary: You were raised in an orphanage like Edward, but you also used to get along with Bruce Wayne. There's only two sides to pick and both of them are deadly.

(A/N: I know this isn't from DC but I have been watching The amazing Spider-Man 2 a lot and got inspired from the clocktower scene with Gwen. So be prepared for the feels.)

****************

I held my umbrella close as I started walking down the rainy streets. Then many top screens that Gotham City square was playing the news, suddenly I noticed all the screens glitching until it turned to black and a gritty image of a room was displayed.

The Riddler's livestream started once again.The Riddler was speaking to the viewers and move the camera to show police officer Pete Savage. Everyone either stopped to stare scared or intrigued with what's happening on the screen, many people stopped next to me and also looked up.

"That guy is terrifying."

"He's a true hero. Showing the real side of Gotham."

I heard some people argue in the back, Riddler already had an army of his own in short notice, just a few months back I had seen some of his videos but none of them caught the media's attention until now.

Until he killed the mayor.

I moved my umbrella to the side and glanced at the tall man who was standing next to me, "Bruce, is that you?" I whispered loud enough for me to hear.

The man who was indeed Bruce Wayne glance down at me but said nothing. He had a dark coat on with a cap and a bandana hiding his lower face. "It's been a while since I've seen you. How have you been how's Alfred?"

I continue to press on since I knew Bruce wasn't much of a talker. "He's been fine." he simply muttered but didn't let me know how he's been feeling.

"I know this isn't right occasion, but I truly wanted to thank you for the many times you helped me."

I was one of the many orphan children who met Bruce and his family way back then, I didn't know much about the Wayne's but I did know a bit about Bruce once we were teenagers. A few years back I was working on the streets when I noticed and Bruce was with a group of friends racing in cars. They didn't know who he was but I did.

I feel random people came up to me that day and began to make fun of me and pick on me so when I was being pushed to the ground Bruce came over and saved me.

Since that day we began to talk just a bit whenever we would see each other on the streets. He even helped me with a lot of depts I had since he did find out I was paying for my own studies and struggling for rent. Even if he doesn't like to admit it he really did help me.

"It seems like this Riddler person this targeting important people." I hummed right when the screen went back to normal.

The scene was horrifying to say the less, Savage was tied up to chair with some sort of device on him. This was truly something out of a horror movie.

"Take care of yourself okay." I hummed confused and looked back to see Bruce walking off. He's always been so distant.

I also started to leave and walked a long distance until I reached an apartment building, I went inside got my key out and opened the door. I gently placed my wet umbrella down to the side and got my coat off and hanged it.

The sound of a loud screams could be heard on the other side of the room. Finally I made my way to the kitchen and tried to ignore them but they became too much so I went to the bathroom and covered my ears.

Few minutes went by when the screams finally faded and I heard a lot to footsteps approaching the bathroom I was in. The door flew open and I looked up to see Edward and his Riddler outfit. He still had that creepy mask on.