Nothing But Lies-Edward Nashton x Reader

Summary: After many years of living in Gotham with the man you love, you soon realize that your whole life and relationship has been a lie.

(A/N: I know The Batman isn't out yet in about two weeks. But I had this in mind, so prepare for the heavy feelings later on. There's slight spoilers for The Batman prequel book too.)

*************

"Mr and Mrs Wayne, can you please smile at the camera?!" One of the many photographers begin to ask that same question to the Wayne's. Martha grabbed Bruce by his shoulders and made him stand next to me while both adults stood behind us tall and proud.

Today Thomas and Martha Wayne we're giving away their home, the famous Wayne Manor which was originally built to be an orphanage. Both successful adults stayed true to their words and open this place up to give orphaned kids a real, proper and safe home.

"(Y/N), please be a dear and turn around." I heard Martha tell me. I turned back to her and she quickly reached her hands down, tidied up my small face, my dress, and make sure my hair wasn't messy for the picture.

Thomas did the same but with fixing up, his tie and suit. Bruce never really cared if his suit was a bit dirty or wrinkled, in fact he kind of hated being in the spotlight. He told me privately that he didn't want to be in front of cameras, but he decided to do so especially for the orphans, he truly felt bad for them and so did I.

Martha and Thomas Wayne adopted me as their own. My mother was Martha's sister, my parents were still young and didn't want any kids, I was adopted by the Wayne's when I was about four and Bruce was five.

Both adults never hesitated and taking me in. Despite my young age I felt great sympathy for the orphans here around us, they were all happy I felt comfort finally knowing that they would be safe here.

Everyone here in Gotham City were surprised at how kind and sympathetic and how the Wayne's are. Of course, no one outside of our little family know that I'm not their biological daughter, but the important thing is they treated me as equal as Bruce. And I of course called them Mom and Dad as they should.

"Bruce, (Y/N), look up ahead." Our Father told us.

The four of us stood tall and looked at the cameras, everyone quickly began to take pictures of us, ready to put them on tomorrow's newspaper.

"Thank you so much, Mr and Mrs Wayne!"

Both of them nodded their head and continue having their conversation before they were interrupted. "Do you really think they will like it here?"

I asked my brother and hoped that he would say the answer I was hoping for. "Of course mom and dad will do anything to keep them safe."

I gave my brother a smile and held his hand, "Should we maybe give them a small tour around?"

Bruce gave me another small smile and nodded his head, "I think Mom and Dad will be happy to." Out of the two of us I've always been the most outgoing, like I said Bruce doesn't like these kind of events, he doesn't like cameras or being surrounded by many people.

I respected him for being like that but I also tried little by little for him to be a bit more outgoing. A few feet away from us I heard a lovely melody, singing...

I glanced over to my left and saw a group of choir boys singing beautifully. When I was looking at every one of the kids singing my eyes landed one boy, he had light brown hair with glasses framing his face.

That was when I realized that he had been staring at us for a while, I looked back at him confused but I quickly smiled and even waved at him. I quickly looked away when Dad told me to follow him and Bruce.