Little One-Edward Nashton x Reader

Summary: You and Edward always had a rough life, now you have started working for Bruce Wayne to help Ed with taking down the corruption in Gotham. (Warnings: This includes previous self harm, unplanned pregnancy, drug use, miscarriage and mention of murders)

(A/N: I know I've been absent for a while buts I've had many things going on recently. But I finally wrote something new! Just finished watching the movie again two times in a row on HBO since I have no money to buy the dvd and rewatch it, so once I finished the first viewing and saw the movie being on again I decided to write this, and I'm proud i got to finish it soon. A part 2 might be considered too.)

It was cold and heavy night in Gotham, I stared up at the sky while holding my umbrella, the dark stormy night was cold and empty with corruption and crime running through every corner. The dark sky was suddenly illuminated with a bat symbol, the one which had now caused fear on the criminals.

I have started working as an assistant of sorts alongside Dory and Alfred Pennyworth, letting the butler know when Bruce Wayne had an important meeting since Dory is an elder woman that needs help. I provided that for her.

Bruce Wayne is my boss thought I rarely get to see his face. There's only a few times where we've been in the same room, but he never looks at my face.

Didn't his parents teach him manners? Oh right, they are dead. No, (Y/N) you shouldn't day those things! Mine are probably dead too.

I guess living in Gotham had made me colder and tougher, i always struggle to show any kind of emotions and when I do I'm mostly blunt on what I think. Ever since I can remember I've also been taking many medications, anti depressants being the important one.

"Happy Halloween!" A group of thugs shouted and laughed at a poor victim whom they had stolen and kicked down the pavement.

I stared at them not feeling any type of emotion, I started walking past the victim but I couldn't help but stop and reconsider my actions.

"Damnit, Dory." I muttered to myself and turned around to help the man who had fallen down the cold and wet pavement. "Are you alright?"

The man stared at me surprised and quickly nodded his head, thanking me when I offered him my hand to grab.

"Yeah, those punks stole my last bit of money." I nodded my head not paying much attention.i shrugged my shoulders looking back at the man.

"You should be grateful to still be alive." I muttered looking up at the bat symbol.

"You're right. Well, thanks again kid." The man said and I felt him walking away. I frowned back and stared at the man ad he left to who knows where he lives or if he has a family.

Since I've been working for the remaining Wayne. Doris has been treating like if I were her child, she's been teaching me to be kind and help others, i didn't do this for myself, i did this for her.

I can't let myself to help others when others never helped me when I needed it the most.

The streets are far too busy so I better head back to my apartment and relax for a while, tomorrow I have to work again. I was extremely lucky to have this job but it's been exhausting, at least it pays the rent fairly well.

I started past the Iceberg Lounge being careful since this street is extremely dangerous. A bit from the loud music could be heard from the outside, i pushed open the door to the apartment building and let my wet umbrella and boots drip onto the dirty carpet at the entrance.

I tiredly got into the crappy elevator and rested my head against the wall until a small bell rang making the elevator stop where I wanted it to. I quietly opened the apartment door with a spare key I had and I stepped inside the room.