18.

"I waited many a month for you to confess, and now that you did, I have no words to say it back." - v.r

Zayn had been over at Zariah's for quite a while now. Zariah was sprawled out on her bed looking at Zayn and Iris upside down. Zayn was softly stroking Iris' wing, Zariah smiled at this. Iris seemed to get to know Zayn a bit better, but she was still cautious of him.

Zayn didn't really care, he was astounded that the beautiful owl had let him touch her in the first place. Ever since then (which was exactly an hour ago) he had been cooing at the graceful animal and softly petting her.

"You do realize how late it's getting, yeah?" Zariah asked sitting up, feeling a little heavy headed since she sat up a bit too quickly. Zayn finally detached himself from the bird and glanced outside. He nodded in understanding.

"Of course," He smiled. "Do you know where I put my jacket?" He asked looking around the large room. Zariah nodded hopping off her bed and walking towards her door swinging it the other direction. It was hung on the backside.

"Here you are." Zariah said, opening it wide for Zayn to put it on. He smiled gratefully at her and shrugged it on with a soft sigh. "Shall I show you to the door?" She asked dusting the 'fuzz' off of Zayn's jacket.

All he did was nod, too hypnotized by Zariah's beauty. He followed her to the front door. "Thanks for letting me stay over." Zayn chuckled.

Zariah rolled her eyes playfully. "Yeah I could tell." She said with a soft laugh. "I mean, I basically got ignored."

Zayn gaped at this. "What?" He screeched. "How?"

"Iris! All day long it was, 'oh pretty Iris' or 'what a good birdie' like ouch, my heart." Zariah faked a pain in her chest.

Zayn laughed as did Zariah. "Look, I'm sorry Iris is way more interesting than you." Zariah 'punched' Zayn on the shoulder. "Just kidding, but give me a hug so you can rest. When will your parents be home, do you know or remember?"

Zariah gave Zayn a hug while speaking a more gentle tone. "They aren't coming back till' late, late."

Zayn nodded rubbing Zariah's back comfortingly. "Why did they leave anyway?" Zariah shrugged her arms. He kissed the top of her head and they parted away from one another. With the now open door, Zariah waved goodbye at Zayn. He smiled and blew her a kiss Zariah pretended to catch it just in a teasing manner.

What they both didn't know Louis Tomlinson was watching the whole thing. He could see through the glass door even though it was slightly blurry. He could see and he wasn't really happy now. He was mad at her but still, come on now, Louis' heart literally ached in his chest. He sighed rolling his eyes in relief as Zayn disappeared out of sight. He could still see Zariah looking outside before turning her back to leave. So the son of Hades, jogged up to her door as quick as he wanted to and knocked and called out her name. Zariah spun around with wide eyes and a confused smile. "Louis? What a surprise. Can I help you with something?" She asked after she opened the door.

Louis nodded. "Actually yes. I would like to take you somewhere if that's okay with you."

Zariah smiled at this and at Louis in general. She ranked her eyes up and down his body trying to not make it obvious but she thinks he could tell anyways. "Where?" She blushed.

"Earth."

"Whoa, what? Earth? Louis how would we do this and wouldn't we get into trouble?"

"Pfft. No."

"Louis." Zariah warned.

"Zariah." Louis mocked. Making them both laugh.

Zariah thought about this for a quick minute, she trusts Louis and her parents won't be back until later on. After midnight anyway. "Okay."