7.

You're only hanging on by a single thread - k.c.

Once school was out, Louis stormed down to the Underworld from the staircase that emerged when he was near. He didn't know why the whole encounter between Zariah and Zayn angered him, but it did. He couldn't take the agitation. If the other Gods and Goddesses could see him they would think he was steaming, literally. His face was red with anger.

Stupid Zariah messing everything up all the time. Stupid Zayn being everywhere she is. Stupid feelings.

Instead of heading straight home, Louis was headed straight for the Styx River. The Charon, a half dead soul, waited for Louis to pay the ferry fee. Louis sighed irritatingly loud. He wasn't a mere mortal and didn't have to pay to pass through the deepest depths of the Underworld. "On with it you ignoramus." He hissed.

And so, the Charon started to row the ferry and leave the lost souls behind to wait until he got back. Louis sat patiently on the ferry, suddenly growing the slightest bit cold. Everything was dark and smoky and the lost souls moans and groans were much louder from here than his home. "Take me to the Fates lair." He informed the Charon, who spoke not a word, nodded, but continued to row through the murky waters.

Louis ignored the screams and stared straight ahead, eyes growing dark. He needed to figure out what to do about his foul plan.

++++

Some would picture the Fates to be horrid looking, but quite the opposite. They were quite the lookers except for the fact they shared only one eye, but that didn't seem to bother any God who was brave enough to venture down here.

They flocked to Louis like little school girls - well of course, they were the same age as him and all the other young Gods and Goddesses. Louis chuckled darkly.

"Girls, girls, enough. I've come strictly for business." There was a hidden tone in his voice that the three sisters couldn't detect.

"Anything for our dear Louis." They cooed. He let out another little chuckle. "But what have you come for?"

Louis seemed more than pleased at their loyalty. He walked around looking here and there. The lair was a cold dark place. Not much accompanied it but a large crystal ball. It's light illuminated the cave like house hold.

"Well you see..." He started to pace around in a circle. "I need to get rid of someone."

"Which mortal, my darling?" Clotho asked, the eye was in her socket and she took all the time in world to look him up and down.

"The problem is, he's not a mortal - he's immortal, like us." There was a strain in his voice. He ignored Clotho's stare.

Atropos gasped. "That has never been done before." She ran a hand through her shoulder length dark brown hair.

"I'm aware." He snapped. He was on edge, he stopped his pacing and leaned against a wall - very slimy if he had to say so. From a distance the walls look dry, until, that is, you touch it.

"I'm afraid we can be of no service to you, master." Lachesis sighed. "We simply cannot cut the life string of an immortal."

He rubbed his temple, clearly annoyed. The girls worried, the feared they had let him down. They never liked to get him angry. Lachesis and Atropos latched onto both his arms, while Clotho leaned against him, tracing her fingers down his chest. He frowned and shrugged them off. He had another girl on his mind. The girls could sense his distance, anger boiling up, but stayed silent.

"I need for you three to do me a favor." He ordered. "Visit Olympus, and appear to the daughter of Aphrodite, Zariah." They immediately frowned. The mention of such a beautiful Goddess upset them. What would Louis want with her? "Find out what's written in her stars."