24.

"In this life time, in this moment, I want to be able to spend all of it with the one who has my heart in their hands." -Unknown

Zariah and Louis met up in the meadow today. When they spotted each other they entwined their hands and hugged each other. "Louis I have to tell you something." Those six words were only used till right now and Louis froze. Zariah smiled at him and gave him a kiss on the cheek. The weight on his shoulders eased up immensely.

"What is it?" He asked putting his arm around her shoulders.

"Well Niall is going to hang out with us today." She said.

"What?!" Said the other.

"No don't worry! He knows already." Zariah scrambled.

"What?!"

Zariah laughed. "Louis. I promise, Niall won't tell a soul. I-I told him about us. And he swore he wouldn't peep a word."

Louis felt his eyebrows scrunch slightly. "How can we trust him?"

"He's my brother, Lou. We can trust him- oh look! There he is now!"

Louis exhaled and watched as his love ran up to her brother and tackled him with a hug. Niall laughed and greeted her with a smile and hug. They began to walk towards Louis. He wasn't exactly sure how to go upon this greeting. Hopefully he wouldn't be too much of an asshole for Zariah's sake.

"Louis." Niall said.

"Niall." Louis nodded. They shook hands quickly and Zariah giggled.

"Seriously guys. Lighten up." She took Louis' hand in hers. "Come on there's a beautiful spot by the water!" Zariah dared to not hide her happiness.

While they laid down, their eyes watching the thick white clouds passing slowly by, Niall couldn't help but glance at the couple. He saw Louis just stare at Zariah while she smiled at pointed up at the sky and talked about how one cloud looked like the shape of an eye or how the other one resembled a flower. Niall watched as Louis never interrupted, he never disagreed, he never blinked. It was like he would miss something important.

Louis grabbed Zariahs hand and held it. Then with his other hand, he brushed the strays of hair behind her ear and traced her jawline with a light smile.

But Niall noticed something deeper than the actions. Something in Louis. His eyes. Yes. His eyes were lighter. They were ignited, with fire, a burning passionate fire. And the starter was Zariah. Zariah kept him burning.

"You guys really are in love...aren't you?" He asked. The two looked at him in unison and nodded slowly.

"Niall..." Louis said slowly. "Niall I really do love your sister. I vow to you that I will always protect her and never cause her harm only happiness. And I know I can't drown her in diamonds, but I can drown her in my love. I...I hope you will accept me."

Niall smiled fondly and sighed. "If my sister accepts you, I accept you."

Later on that day Niall made it his personal mission to go talk to zariahs parents about the wedding. Because he knows if Zariah gets married things will surely disintegrate entirely. Niall knocked on the door with Aphrodite and her husband in the room chatting amongst one another. They noticed Niall there. "Niall! Come in, my boy. May I get you something to drink?" Aphrodite asked.

"No thank you. I've come to talk to the both of you though?"

"Ah yes, of coarse. What seems to be the matter?" Zariah's Father asks.

"Well it's about Zariah...and Zayn."

Their ears perked up. "What happened?"

"Nothing!" Niall said his eyes bulging a little bit. "I...I just want is best for my sister."

Aphrodite smiled. "How sweet. Of coarse you do and when this wedding -"

"No." Niall said cutting her off. "You're not listening to her. Haven't you seen how bad she doesn't want this?" Niall said, frustration growing inside of him. Aphrodite remembered the other day where Zariah tried to slip her way out of this.

"Niall what's gotten into you?" The parents were confused. "You were just as excited as us?"

Niall pinched the bridge of his nose. "I know she doesn't want this."

Aphrodite snorted. "Niall, the wedding is so close. She's just being difficult because she's nervous."

Niall rolled his eyes and scoffed. "You know just as much as me that she doesn't want this so I just don't understand why the both of you are forcing her to do something that she does not want to do. Have you forgotten her happiness and gained more information about your selfishness?" After that was said, Niall stormed out of the house and made his way over to Zayns to try to get him to call this damn thing off.

+++++++++

On the fifth panicked sound of knocks, Zayn finally opened the door. "Niall?"

With the anger built and the annoyed emotion on top of that was not a very good combination for the blonde haired boy. "Call off the wedding."

Zayn was appalled by the tone of him but laughed nevertheless. "Are you bloody shitting me? No."

"Zayn. You know she doesn't love you so why make her do something that causes her pain in her heart?"

Zayn stared at Niall. His eyebrows knitting together. "Why are you asking me this?" He said suspiciously.

Niall rolled his eyes. "Um because Zariah is my sister and I want what is best for her."

"I am what is best for her. And you don't have to like it but you have to live with it, so fuck off. The wedding is going to happen whether you like it or not."

He slammed the door in Niall's face and heared the irritated wail from the other side. Zayn sighed and wondered why Niall just showed up out of the blue and tried to make him call off the wedding. Why? Was there somebody else? As Zayn digs deeper into his memory he remembers how shy Zariah has been around Louis each time they crossed paths with him. But, he knew Zariah would never cheat on him so he brushed it off.

+++++++++++

Zariah kissed the corner of Louis' mouth softly. Niall shook his head then asked a really good question. "How long do you expect this to last? Because with the cards being dealt it seems highly unlikely for you two to be together for long."

"If there's a will, theres a way. There's always a broken window somewhere. It just depends on where you look."

"And what if there isn't?" Niall argued. Zariah stayed silent.

"Then thats when I break a fucking window." Louis said next.

Niall breathed out a laugh. "Oh. Okay. Then you might as well break all the windows you can because you two can't keep this a secret forever."

"Niall-" Zariah started. She felt panic rile up inside of her, scared that Niall might tell on them.

Niall raised his hand and Zariah got quiet. "I swore I wouldn't say anything and I never break my promises. But just know that something as big as this cannot last forever."

And that was probably something that scared Zariah and Louis more than anything.