25.

"You caught me, whisked me away
into a land that fit me like my mother's dress.
It was the first time you had someone to talk to
and the first time I had someone to trust.
My mother had hid me with vines and flowers -
she said that even the gods had a weakness for roses.
I wondered if she was actually afraid for me,
or if she didn't want to be alone...." - To Hades, A Love Poem (e.p.h.)

Louis was sitting on the white foldable chair uncomfortably as he watched Zayn reach for Zariah's hand up at the altar. He could hear his heart thumping in his chest and could feel a fire burning in his eyes as he watched the God lace fingers with his lover.

His mother reached over and gently gave a pat to his leg before he caused a scene.  Keep calm, Louis reminded himself, breathe in an out.

There was a light breeze flowing and only the family of Zayn and Zariah were seated before the outdoor altar. The only exception to the family rule were the big three - Zeus, Poseidon, and Hades. Of course, that included the two sons and the grandson of Zeus- Liam, Harry, and Louis, of course.

Louis chewed on his lip and concentrated his vision on Zariah:  her dirty blond hair lightly blowing in he wind, her soft plump lips, her olive green peplum dress, crystalline blue eyes, and those freckles. Damn, those freckles. Louis loved her with all his being and despite wanting to run up to that altar and snatch her away, he couldn't because she wasn't his to have. Louis would've done anything to be in Zayn's place.

He tuned in just in time to hear Zariah practice giving her vows with a faulty and shaky voice. The only thing that kept Louis from breaking right then and there was the lack of happiness and a smile that didn't reach her eyes. Only Louis had been the one to see her true smile and for that, he felt grateful.

"What a wonderful wedding rehearsal!" Aphrodite exclaimed, practically jumping out of her seat. Louis tried hard to keep his groaning to a minimum. "Zariah, dear-"

"Where'd she go?" Zayn asked, slowly, looking around for the lost girl.  But all anyone could see of her, was the outline of the green peplum dress as she hastily ran inside her home.

Louis was almost too abrupt to get out of his seat until he felt his father's hand firmly on his shoulder. "Do not rise, son. If you go in there, there will be endless amounts of suspicion. Give it some time."

Louis' head was jumbled with thoughts that he couldn't comprehend, except one thing: time was not on their side.

                              +

A few minutes after not hearing from Zariah, Louis decided to take matters into his own hands. He disappeared into the mansion and jogged up the stairs and straight away into her room. He found a distressed Zariah laid out on the bed, tears brimming in her eyes.

Louis quickly closed and locked the white painted door and got into the bed next to her, wrapping his arms around her affectionately. He kissed the top of her head, his fingers tracing little circles around her waist. "Are you okay, darling?"

Zariah let out a muffled sigh, "it was terrible, Lou."

Louis grimaced. "I know," he whispered, "it was terrible to watch."

"The wedding is tomorrow." She mumbled with a pain-stricken voice. Louis looked on with a saddened face. "I don't- I can't do it."

"I know you can't, but there isn't a way to stop it." Louis clenched his jaw. "I wish there was, I wish we can."

Louis placed a chaste kiss to the Goddesses temple before a lightbulb went off in his head. "Wait...maybe there is a way to stop it."

Zariah rubbed her eyes in subtle frustration before laying her head on Louis' shoulder. "What do you mean?"