22.

"There is no light in the lies and dark in the truth. Do you expect someone to be there for you the next day after they told you goodbye?" -v.r

Louis rarely wondered what it was to be in love. He wondered what the specific feeling of the emotion felt like. He also wondered what would be crossing his mind while he was thinking so. Who would he be thinking about? How long? What were they up to? Are they okay?

Now, Louis no longer has to wonder about love because Louis now knows what the feeling is. He doesn't think he could ever put it into words: of how it makes him feel. How, somehow, it's always on his mind, just like Zariah is.

Louis awoke from his sleep not to long after having a weird sort of dream. He never dreamt, but he started to after he first started talking to Zariah. He smiles, shaking his head. He sort of skips his way to the kitchen to retrieve himself something to eat.

As he opens up the cupboard to grasp a bowl and set it on the counter, Persephone gracefully walks into the kitchen as well. Louis senses her presence since his father was not ever home in the morning time. "Hello, mother." He greets in a grumble.

Persephone smiles softly at her son as she sits at the table. Not a long while after, she was accompanied by her son. She didn't just come in here to sit and stay silent. She was worried. Her hands shook, her body trembled, she was biting the inside of her cheek.

"Son," she said with a little rasp in her voice. Louis hummed. "Son, I must have a talk with you. It's important."

"I'm listening." Louis told her, taking a drink of his beverage.

"Right, okay." Louis scrunched his eyebrows glancing at his mom, which he just now noticed how distraught she was. He set down the spoon and pushed his bowl away.

"What's the matter? You look pale."

"I've been thinking, about you." She took in a sharp breath. "And Zariah, the both of you." Louis nodded. "I'm just so worried. I need you to be careful, Louis."

Louis nearly choked on his drink. Worried about him and Zariah? What could she possibly know about the two of them? They were just friends, he implanted that idea into her head a while back.

"I am being careful-" he went to speak but was cut off.

"No!" Persephone whispered, balling her fists on the table. Her heartbeat accelerated. "Louis you don't fully understand, dear."

"Then help me understand."

"Look, it's confusing at first but in time - soon - you will see how truly devastating it will be in the future."

"You're not helping." Louis mumbled ruffling his hair.

"The prophecy is something that cannot be stopped no matter how hard you try, my love. No matter how hard you love, cry, beg. It will not cease. And I completely understand how much you love Zariah, and how much she loves you. I saw you two last night. How both of your smiles glowed brightly." Persephone's eyed watered. "I understand you would fight for her. But sometimes fighting is not enough."

Louis just stared at his mother. He was thinking. Thinking really hard. Of what? Lots of things. Three things seemed to cross his mind more than once. One. He remembers the first time he read something about a prophecy, at the ball. Then the second time he looked a little more into it at the library. The Sun and The Moon. It made sense to him now. He was apart of the prophecy and so was Zariah.

"So I'm apart of the prophecy...Zariah and I?" Persephone nodded her head. Louis was lost for words.

"I don't want to lose you, son. I love you and I need you to know, to really know that once this is started, it can't be stopped."

"I understand. I do. I love you mum."

"I love you too, dear."

Finally after some silence was shed, Persephone asked him, "What do you think of when you wonder about Zariah?"

Louis just smiled because he didn't have to think twice about the answer. "Love, my life, my future...my oxygen."

+++

"Niall, can you just please drop the subject?" Zariah begged her brother. She was getting flustered due to the cyclone of complaints pouring out of his mouth. "Just stop, please." Zariah said.

Niall sighed, rolling his eyes completely ignoring her. "And red roses? At a Wedding? Everybody knows the color of Weddings are usually white! No one has any sense around here, I'm praying for them all." Niall shook his head.

"Please." Zariah begged.

"And you know my father is attending right?" Niall went on sighing loudly. Zariah rolled her eyes and just sprawled out on her bed with her legs dangling over. Niall was spinning in a chair in front of Zariahs' large vanity. "I mean. You do know that my dad is still hung up over your mom right?"

"Yes, Niall. If anything just let them say hi to each other and then separate them after." Zariah suggested while looking at the ceiling and Niall nodded in agreement.

It was quiet and she was basking in it while she could. "So, do you know where you're going for your honey moon?"

"Niall, we're not even married yet."

"Just asking." He chuckled. "Ah man. Aren't you excited?"

"No." Muttered Zariah with a speck of disgust.

"What? Why not? You guys look great together and you both seem to enjoy each other's presence..." Niall lied. He didn't really like the two of them together - that much was clear. Zariah's heart was beating hard to where it hurt. While Niall was going on and on about how they will get married she balled her fists and bit her lip. Enough to where she drew blood.

"Niall I don't love him!" She whispered. Niall clamped his jaws shut and blinked.

"Funny." He mumbled. "So, about you and Zayn..." He went to continue until Zariah sat up and marched over to her brother. Gripped him by the shoulders and looked at him dead in the eyes.

"Niall," she whispered, as a tear finally escaped her bloodshot eyes. "I do not love Zayn. I do not wish to marry him."

Niall took a moment and looked at Zariah. Studying her. Then he gasped. "You're serious aren't you?"

She nodded slowly. "I love Zayn only as a friend. Only as a friend, nothing more. My love will only be consumed by -" she paused.

"By who?" He asked. No answer. "By who!" Niall said with a little more force.

"Louis."

"Tomlinson?"

"Yes."

"You mean Louis fucking Tomlinson? Son of Hades and Persephone?"

"Yes."

"Damn."

"Niall, no one can know about this. Absolutely no one. Please. I need to trust you. Promise me that you won't say anything. Please!" She begged while shaking. Clasping her hands together to her chest and on her knees. "Please Niall." She said shakily.

He scratched the back of his head. "I-I don't know Zariah. How long do you expect this to last? It won't last."

"Please Niall. I have not ever asked anything of you. Can you please just do this one thing for me?"

Rubbing his temples, sighing. He picked Zariah up off the ground and hugged her. "I promise. But I still don't think this is right. But do whatever you have to do I guess."

"Thank you."