Chapter 12

Unforgettable together,  we held the whole world in our hands
Unexplainable, a love that only we could understand, 
I know there's nothing I can do to change it, but is there something that can be negotiated?
My heart's already breaking, baby, go on, twist the knife.

1 month after

Shalini pov

It's a normal day, a normal Wednesday. Well not for me, today is Avanthika's birthday. Here we are in the cafe near the beach, decorating it with all those glittery papers and sparkling gold dust and feathers. All of our friends came. This day should be the best day of her life , I thought.

Soon everyone finished their works, and they placed the cake on the centre table. It's perfect . I saw one of my friend Laya leading Avanthi inside the cafe, blindfolding her eyes.

When she removed her blindfold , she was so surprised. Tears filling her eyes, we hugged her and wishes were blowing from every corner of the cafe. Lovely doesn't? The joyful birthday song and the clapping sound resonated in my eyes blissfully as she cuts the cake.

Everyone sat on the chair as I sang Avanthi's favourite song 'Snehithane'. My heart fluttered with lots of love. It's nostalgic in one way or another . As I sang the verse , I felt a pair of eyes were staring at me from the window , but those eyes are very familiar, cause I spent a month with him . When I made a swift move to see Adithya , it was not what I expected to be. No one was there, just some passing people. I must have dreamt it. I thought and completed the song. Everyone was on their feet , hugging me , whistles blowing out , and applauses from many.

This evening was filled with , lots of laughter , joyful moment , funniest pranks , bit of emotional things and cheerful time with my loved ones. Indeed, A day to be cherished.

Everyone left as it passed 10 at night.

'Shalini, thank you so much. you made me so happy darling .' she said and hugged me . well, that's what I want. I wanted her to be happy like this forever .

' ennaku nee happy irundha podhum avanthi '

She smile and continued ' seri va na unna drop pandran '

' illa illa , na scooter la dhan vandhen na thaniya poikuren '

'Late ayiduchu shalini' she exclaimed

' idhu late ah , nee onum kavala padatha . I will manage. Konjam neram beach la irundhitu na kelambidren , ippa nee kelambu veetla amma thaniya irupanga.' I said . i needed some alone time , i wanted to wander the beach.

'seri shalini , paathuko veetuku reach ayitu call pannu ' she said and left

The wind blew softly. My hair was waving lightly. This place is quiet , the sound of waves, the moonlight reflecting on the sea waves . Peaceful. But one thing kept haunting me. , was it Adithya? A month passed, but the fight and banters between us never left us. Sometimes he cares about me the most and sometimes it just vanishes like it was never there. He's a mix of death and paradise.

While thinking of him , I heard a gunshot from the nearby house. I stood up abruptly; it was a reflex .I am not sure whether it was a gunshot, but it does sound like that . When I turned to take a look at the house , the power was shut . Something must be happening over there . I sprinted toward the gate . It was unlocked, strange. I walked towards the cobblestone path; it was silent, more like suspicious silence prevailed in the air. The front door was unlocked. , I slowly opened it. I was so conscious and concern to not make a single sound .

' ivan velaiku aaga maatan 'i heard a male voice saying . but who was it ?

I slowly moved toward the door and peeked inside the room . It was dreadful, I saw a man tied into a chair. But what scared me the most is, Adithya. He was standing near him , a gun gripped in his hand and it was covered with blood . My hand started to tremble in fear . Who is he? A killer? A murderer? I can't even think straight, i started to sweat a lot . The air felt like it was hard to breathe . I need to call the police now . When I was about to make a call. A hand behind from me and covered my mouth. I tried to fight him but I couldn't.