using

○ △ □

His hair was disheveled yet he wore a cheeky grin, turning his head to you. "My name is Gi-hun from Ssangmun-dong. Would you like to team up?"

You swallowed a piece of your bread, shaking your head. "I'm sorry Gi-hun, but I already teamed up with someone else." Looking for Sae-byeok, you spot her speeding over to you.

You waved her over, hearing Gi-hun get up and walk off. You felt bad, he just wanted a friend.

♡ ♡ ♡

Sae-byeok sat next to Y/N, checking if she was injured.

"Did he hurt you? I'll kill that piece of shit if he did." Y/N shook her head, holding Sae-byeok's hands. "No, no! Don't worry, I'm fine. See?" You smiled at her, reassuring her.

She hugged you, she can't afford to lose another person she calls family.

♡ ♡ ♡

Gi-hun watched from afar, glaring as he bit harshly into his bread. He already had a team, but he couldn't deny he wanted to be near you.

You had an affect on him. Every bad thought disappeared when he was near you, even when you spat in his face and pushed him off of 067.

All his problems were resolved when he was near you, forgetting he was in debt, forgetting he was in a killing game.

He was envious of the other girl, who sat talking to you with a smile. Whenever she looked over to him though, it was empty, soulless.

He heard the rest of his team talk amongst themselves and decided to join in.

♡ ♡ ♡

A pair of guards walked out, similar to the first game. This time you were guided to what appeared to be a children's playground. A set of swings, a slide and more.

You sat yourself near the bottom of the slide, leaning on the cold hard metal. You closed your eyes, leaning into this short moment of peace.

"Players, welcome to the second game. We will begin shortly." You tried to relax, but the chance of your death happening soon wouldn't allow you to.

You saw four different shapes, a circle, a traingle, a star and an umbrella. "Players, before we begin, please stand in front of one of those four shapes." You wanted to try something easy, so you stood in front of the triangle.

♡ ♡ ♡

Everyone was lined up, the case being handed to each player. Like before, Y/N sat near the bottom of the slide. The playground reminded her of her childhood. She loved swings the most, although they were always taken by Ji-Hoon and his group.

The timer had started. She opened the case and picked up the thin needle. She began to trace the outline over and over again until it started to give way.

She lifted her needle, taking the dalgona into her hand before hearing a gunshot that scared her.

Grasping her heart, she noticed the corpse slowly drag itself down the slide, blood dripping down. "Player 369 eliminated."

Not long after that, a woman broke her cookie. Then another, then another, and another.

Y/N snapped the last piece of her cookie off. Relief washed through her as she stood up, proudly showing it to the guard.

"Player 087 passed." Y/N saw many look up, as she was escorted back into the main hall.

♡ ♡ ♡

You played with a pebble you found on the floor, bored out of your mind until you were covered with a shadow.

They sat down in front of you, their legs crossed.

"L/N Y/N, Correct?" You looked up, noticing a woman with dark curls that framed her face. Wasn't she the woman who begged to be released for her unamed child? Why was she back?

You nodded, how did she she know your name? "You've grown popular within the players. Many have noticed the way the guards treat you."

Questioning, you let her go on. "In Red light, Green light, the guard helped you up. Do you know why that is?" You shook your head.

"No clue, uh-" you didn't know her name. You smiled sheepishly at her as she giggled. "The name is Mi-Nyeo."

Before you could continue your conversation, she was pulled away by someone.

It was the guy who was harassing Sae-byeok when you first woke up! "Don't waste your time on this low life. She's probably just as bad as Sae-byeok." He kneeled in front of you, jabbing his finger into your cheek, trying to get a reaction.

♡ ♡ ♡

Mi-nyeo sighed, "Come on babe, let's go." Truth is, she wanted to get to know you. You seemed smart and practical compared to a deviant like her. She just hated how Deok-su treated you. She'd have to get alone time with you.

As they both walked off, many players came back in with the guards behind them. Some looked frightened whilst others looked relieved.

You noticed Sae-byeok running over to you and hugging you. "Always wait for me, okay?" You chuckled, hugging her back unaware of the eyes watching. Always watching. Never blinking, just watching from afar.

♡ ♡ ♡

"Attention players, I will now announce the results of the game." Y/N looked above, seeing the player count go down and the amount of the money rise.

100,000 won for each dead player. It wasn't fair. Everyone is worth way more than that. How sick is it to label a human an amount after all the life choices they go through? All the mistakes and friends they make along the way.

♡ ♡ ♡

You felt tears drip down your face as Sae-byeok hugged you tight, kissing you on the forehead. "It's okay Y/N, I'm here. Always." You buried your head into her neck and began to sob.

This isn't what you asked for, it isn't what you wanted. Yet you dared to participate. It was unfair.

You began to block the voices out, hearing many yell and scream. You were so tired, so tired of having to deal with the weight of the death of every participant.

○ △ □