☆𝘤𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 4☆

key:
(f/f) means favorite food.
(f/d) means favorite drink.

y/n pov

walking to the nearby restaurant, it happened to be a bar and grill! the place seemed pretty relax. i look over at Spamton to find him zoned out, with that unsettling static on his face. when he sensed i was looking, he immediately changed his demeanor, acting as if he was fine.

if he didn't want me to know or worry, ill pretend to. that doesn't mean that if he looks uncomfortable again i won't take him out. there's only so much ill put up with. walking inside, i quickly take note of the relaxing atmosphere. not too many people were there due to it being roughly 12 pm.

sitting down at a booth, i could hear the silent sounds of a few conversations mixed with music from the speakers. though before Spamton and i could talk, a waitress came to give us menus almost immediately. perks of being here at their least busy hour i guess. looking at the menu it was obvious this place was pretty popular, mainly for its bar. it must get packed at nighttime.

focusing on the grill side of the menu, i see (f/f) on it. im not in the mood to try anything new, so i order (f/f). putting the menu down, i see Spamton looking at me. did he not look at the menu? although it lasted shorter than a second, as he started talking,

"SO, WHAT WERE YOU [[Busy, busy, busy]] WITH?"

i reply, pretty calmly due to the atmosphere,

"i was busy with my mechanics job, i just got paid today actually!"

"YOUR A [[Machine broken? we can fix it]]?"

"yep, it's a job ive been wanting for a while. i remember you mentioning that youre a salesman, how's that going?"

not good apparently, judging by the change of tone. luckily enough, our waitress came by to get our drinks order. i ordered (f/d), and Spamton ordered his drink as well. we hopped onto another conversation topic, this one not job related,

"YOUR [[clothes]] LOOK NICE!"

rough start to a conversation, but it's better than where the last conversation ended up. more than willing to change the conversation, i speak up,

"thank you! yours do too, what type of clothes do you like to wear?"

we both knew that i was lying when i said that his clothes looked nice, as the entire outfit is dirty with dumpster residue. he didn't seem to mind,  and our conversation continued from there. we only stopped talking when a new waiter came to serve us our drinks, and take our order. i didn't realize at first, but Spamton looks really happy to be here. we continued talking until we got our food.

when the waiter came back with food, he served it to us and left shortly afterwards. looking back down at my dish, it looked amazing. Spamton spoke up as i focused on eating my food instead of replying,

"YOU'RE A LIGht n3R AREN'T YOU?"

he took a slight pause to eat, then continued,

"I'VE HEARD OF THE [[sun]] BEFORE,"

"WHEN I BECOME A [[Big shot]] WE CAN SEE THE SUN TOGETHER!!"

although it was a nice statement, but i doubt he'd be able to make it to the lightner world. i guess that if i got here, anything is possible. thinking of that, do i really want to go back to the lightner world? putting those thoughts aside, i respond,

"okay, looking forward to it! when we do i wouldn't recommend staring at it."

i chuckled a bit at the end, just to sell the idea that i agreed. i didn't believe we could, but what's the harm in playing to my friends ideas once in awhile? he continued, and it went like this until we both finished our food. he seemed a bit embarrassed to not be paying for the food, but i took no mind.

waking out, it was only 3 pm so i suggested that we got ice cream as well and he agreed. since this isn't the job i had in the lightner world, i don't have to be focused on paying rent with my paycheck. perks of having a free bedroom in the basement, even if it's a little run down. im getting side tracked though, focusing on the ice cream, i followed Spamton who claimed he knew where a ice cream place was at.

the place we arrived at looked pretty basic, and when we ordered it continued to be nothing to write home about. Spamton got chocolate ice cream, and i got my favorite flavor. he spoke,

"HOLY [[Cungadero]] THIS TASTES GOOD!"

"true! ive been wanting ice cream for a while"

we continue talking as we walked back to Spamtons "store". we passed many people and places while we talked. how far did we walk? my question was answered when we finally walked inside an hour later. he turned his back to me, it looked like he was reopening his store sense he was back inside.

sitting down on the floor, with my back on the wall i sigh of relief. walking for an hour was still extreme, even with the ice cream and good company. suddenly the sleep schedule i messed up caught up with me. exercise, lack of sleep, and the comfort i got from being around Spamton all amounted to me accidentally falling asleep on the spot.

when i woke up again, i couldn't tell what time it was, i was still on the floor, and it seemed as if Spamton didn't move. my body felt extremely heavy, and i couldn't move. there was also this ear ringing noise. Spamton turned around to face me and said,

"Y/N- ... they fell asleep?"

i go to reply, telling him im not, but i can't even seem to move my mouth. i see him approaching me, and the ear ringing noise gets more clear. every step he takes makes the noise turn into several whispers of people i left behind in the lightner world. i can't make out their hushed whispers, even though it was so loud in my ears.

the throbbing of my heartbeat in my chest was obvious to me. is my conscious awake, but my body isn't? it's terrifying, i can't move, my body felt like it was weighed by a 1000 suns, the whispers were deafening, and i can't scream for help like i want to.

Spamton went to pick me up, presumably to move me. although when he did that i could see his slightly glitched monster soul. the voices all combined to say the words,

"ƨσʋℓ вσи∂ɛ∂"
(soul bonded)

then i fell asleep for real, the peace overtaking me.

okay so hopefully Spamton is in character-so what's your favorite ice cream flavor? mines reeses :D

so what's your favorite ice cream flavor? mines reeses :D