☆𝘤𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 5☆

author pov

when Spamton reopened his shop, he turned around to start a conversation only to be met with y/n asleep. he saw the dark circles under their eyes, so it wasn't too surprising. he did have to say their sleeping form was cute, how could he not? although he didn't want them sleeping on the floor, so he walked over to pick them up. when he did he started making his way to his bedroom, which was really just a fort with a inflatable mattress covered in duct tape.

it wasn't nearly as nice as the hotel room y/n showed Spamton, but it was all he had. putting them on his bed, he put on a throw blanket on them. he then had to go to his storefront, even if nobody was visiting it. Spamton just wanted to look at their sleeping form instead, he didn't know why. walking out of the small fort, he went back to wait for someone to walk through that door.

he's never liked waiting, but it's necessary of he ever wants to catch at least a customer. he's a very determined guy, he won't stop until he becomes a big shot again. walking behind the counter, he stayed there, zoned out thinking about today and many other things. it only stayed like this for only a couple of hours, as y/n opened their eyes only 2 hours after they fell asleep.

they felt like they needed to figure out what the hell a "soul bond" was, and so they needed to leave. though they had no idea where they were at, y/n was moved when they were asleep. they were in a makeshift fort of boxes, with a air mattress covered with duck tape to cover several holes, and a small thin blanket.

crawling out of the box fort, y/n saw they were in the trash dump area right next to Spamtons store. too curious for their own good, they quickly rushed a conversation to say goodbye for the day,

"heya Spam, i gotta go, work reasons and all, thanks for today! good luck with your sales"

shocked by both the fact y/n just came inside without warning + y/n announced they were leaving out of the blue, he understood work reasons, but this didn't feel like that. nonetheless, he acted like he wasn't just shocked and responded,

"OKAY, [[Take care]]!! OKAY, [[Take care]]!!"

immediately afterwards they spedwalked to the castle, hoping to find someone or something that knew what a soul bond was. while walking, there was a massive traffic jam blocking their path. so they waited a few minutes for it to clear, and nothing happened. not a single car moved.

y/n pov

shit. considering this is the fastest way to the castle, and for some reason there's no sidewalk, im going to have to take the long way around. diving through an alleyway, i saw several other alleyway entrances. not wanting to get lost, i continued on the same one.

it continued like that, only changing alleyways when one ended or did a turn in the opposite direction. although the alleyways did seem colder the more i walked through them. nonetheless, an hour of walking and humming songs i arrived. with how much walking ive done in the past few days i might as well be a pro athlete!

with most of my day already wasted, and my lack of actual sleep catching up to me, i just wanted to lay down. not to mention it's extremely cold! walking inside, i immediately headed to the basement. luckily enough the queen undid the hiding mechanism so i didn't have to pull a lever every time.

walking inside, it's still as dusty and dirty as usual, but i don't notice it half the time anyways. heading towards the boiler room, i sit down in the heated room. i don't feel any warmer than i did before, i just feel chilled. i break out in a sweat, and it didn't take me long to realize that my body was extremely hot, but i couldn't feel it.

deciding to give up on the idea, i walk to my room to be on a bed instead. i yawned on the way back, lost in thought. even though i have no idea what a soul bond is, im very tired, and i want sleep. im not one to deny sleep. when i finally arrive in front of my bedroom, with no hesitation i opened the door and jumped onto the mattress. i fell asleep on the spot.

⋆ ˚。⋆༶•♛˚timeskip, 10 hours˚♛•༶⋆。˚ ⋆

groggily getting up, i checked the time on my phone. it was 4 am, almost 5. better than 1 am i think? i stretched, as i remembered to search up soul bonds. looking back on my phone, i had a notification from the queen. it was a new order. this time it was some floating chairs, this time the blueprints were digital.

going back to the soul bonds, it didn't take to long to find an article. the end of the article states,

"According to older history, there was a lighter who refused to leave the darkners world. A true light who faced the darkness of the fountain and thrived in this world. Xe got extremely sick, and tired. No amount of healing magic fixed the lighters condition. The answer is unknown how the 2 bonded, but the history explains that they lived out their happily ever after.

An old interview states the reason xe got sick was simple. Xirs explanation was lengthy, so for the sake of this article I will summarize it. The reason for soul bonding is that a lightner cannot stay alive for a long time in the darkner world. A soul bond allows just enough darkness in a lightners soul by taking some of the darkners soul essence. In turn, the darkner gains more power by getting some of the lightners soul essence. Although it hasn't been confirmed, a theory states that the darkner might be able to go to the lightners world.

The only downside is that the soul bonded has to be near each other. Otherwise both of the people/monsters in the bond will be cold, and eventually sick. This was tested by Lux, who refused to go farther than that. Xe never disclosed more information about soul bonds, and xe lived out the rest of xir life in our world."

well that's handy, but it didn't explain how i ended up soul bonding accidentally with trash gremlin. i came up with a few theories, but none of them made too much sense. although it wouldn't be too good if i got sick, so i trusted the article and walked out the castle once again.

 although it wouldn't be too good if i got sick, so i trusted the article and walked out the castle once again

GUYS I GOT PLOT NOW- I KNOW WHAT TO DO WITH THE STORY, WOOOOO

anyways, tysm for all the kind words on my a/n! why is me being genuinely clumsy so consistent though lmao

lastly, and unrelated, what's your favorite style of clothing? mines alternative!