☆𝘤𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 8☆

(heyo, just realized i didn't explain why you were running from cops well! i did some research, and apparently dumpster diving is illegal. Spamtons been caught before as well, meaning he's also got a warrant. y/n quiet literally got dragged into this by Spamton, and they are now known for running from the cops. not an offense, but a misdemeanor most likely.)

y/n pov

i worked on several orders since that day. ive gotten 3 orders done, which is already more than i expected to finish. still, it's barely enough to furnish basic necessities, even after all the bonuses i got for finishing early. i think those bonuses are actually overtime, but it's more fun to think of it as a reward.

i have done roller coaster carts, chairs with magic absorption, and even a few custom arcade machines! no i haven't slept for 3 days straight, what gave it away? though i did take a nap a few days ago, i feel like that one guy, dr.flug i think he was. even now im working on a new order, it's some automatic cages. not going to question it.

after finishing the 2 cages that were ordered, i put them where the swatchlings would come get it. notifying them for the 4th time, i go apartment hunting again. i have been looking at apartments during my breaks, and usually i have to take some energy drinks to stay awake during this time.

if i fall asleep now... i just can't. i have no idea why. i feel like something bad will happen, is this why some people are addicted to work? although this doesn't feel right, ive been awake for so long that i can't tell anxiety and a gut feeling of fight or flight apart. it sucks, but i can't stop working or ill die, or worse. i can feel something staring at me.

o-kay! that was a bit much, let's just apartment shop and not think about it!

i have enough money to buy an apartment i was looking at, so i put on some new clothes and leave. walking to the apartment didn't take long, i made sure of that when i was looking. the darkner inside gave me a tour, but i tuned out anything they said. i just took my own look around each room.

it looked like any basic apartment, no personality whatsoever. if i had to take a guess just by the walls and hardwood floors, a facebook mom definitely lived here. "home is where the heart is" signs and all, thatll absolutely change. other than that, it was a basic 2 bedroom, 1 bath apartment. it'll do.

deciding to buy it, i now only have 2 days left to furnish this place. i have no idea why im so determined to get a nice place for both of us to live, maybe it's just a soul bond thing? yeah, ill blame it on a soul bond. or maybe i can blame it on lack of sleep?

(listen, just imagine apartment buying was easy, and you could decide to just buy the apartment right then and there. no idea how apartment buying works, don't feel like putting anyone through that paperwork hell either lmao)

i look at my account to see half my cash depleted. it would've been more than half if i didn't get paid for work while i was inside. it should be enough to start buying though, as the apartment was completely empty except for basic plumbing and lighting. i prepared a mental checklist of things i needed, before heading to the nearest store.

i ran into some Addisons, i talked with them each briefly, but they didn't sell any furniture. though they did tell me of a nearby store that did, and ill admit i was pretty biased against the Addisons when i first got here. but, even though they knew i was looking for furniture they still tried to sell me their products. i guess that's the life of a salesman, though they were kind about it.

arriving at the furniture store, i did what anybody would do, sat on couches and complained about prices. seriously though, i hired movers from the store, got some furniture that match my aesthetic, and had them move several pieces to my new apartment. i saved up enough money for this, so i was going to spend it.