☆𝘤𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 13☆

short tw: de-realization, it will be underlined like this

y/n pov

it was about a week later after the Addisons came over for the first time, and they offered Spamton to go with them, but he stayed here. he also avoided the question when i asked about him not wanting to go their house, and about how apparently hes been missing for several years now? hes secretive when he wants to be, ill give him that.

i was left with more questions than answers, and all i have left is trust that he will tell me eventually. not knowing what else to do, i stop prying him for a response and just headed back to my room. i dont hear any more noise, so i assume that he either left or hes in his room.

i take a few steps into my room, and its brighter than usual. my eyes are almost being forced shut do to the brightness. i go to turn back, when the light overwhelms my surroundings. i can no longer see my room, as the light is that bright. is this what living in the sun feels like? i feel like im floating, as i pass out momentarily.

im suddenly extremely cold, and i wake up to see an empty hospital room. what? i sit up, and luckily theres only a few cords attached to my arms. still confused, i take a better look at my surroundings. it seems like the hospital from nearby my college, ive had to go here to visit my favorite teacher in the past.

a nurse walks in, saying something about how good it is that im awake, but it feels like my hearing is muffled. i cant focus on anything, is this a dream? or was the dark world a dream?

is anything actually real?

i probably shouldnt get too philosophical. the doctors are asking me questions, ill have to put my thoughts aside for the time. ill just answer what they want me to answer, if they think im crazy due to the dark world, thatll be a setback.

⋆ ˚。⋆༶•♛˚timeskip- 2 days˚♛•༶⋆。˚ ⋆

i was finally discharged from the hospital as i payed an uber to get me back to my college. i needed answers, and im starting to regret not having anybody i know here. well, i have talked to Asriel a few times, but hes the kind of guy to talk to anybody who listens. i get off and pay the driver, and walk inside.

im assuming the hospital told my college i was awake, as there were a few people out here. well, just my favorite teacher, Asriel, and some girl who still attention seeks like its highschool. im forced to stand there and you know, actually talk with some people. as you can imagine, the girl left pretty early on when i declined her snapchat request.

when i talked to Asriel, i felt bad for thinking bad about him before, as apparently im the only one who listens to him. my favorite teacher couldnt stay long, as apparently it was a weekday. Asriel got the okay to take a half day though, and he ended up coming to my dorm.

looking at my dorm, it looked similar to my apartment room in the dark world. shaking my head to get rid of the thoughts, Asriel complimented me on my aesthetic. we talked some more, when he gave me a school laptop. according to him, the one i was using before got stolen when i was asleep in the park.

we talked some more, and his younger sibling came in the conversation a few times. their name was Kris, and they seemed interesting enough, it just kids are mini assholes. shortly after, he left. and i started to do research on my new laptop, after i set it up of course.

as soon as i open up my laptop, its by the school, so it already started to force me to do schoolwork instead. i sigh with annoyance, but i still have no idea if the dark world was just a coma dream.

i take a look at my assignments, and they seem very easy. i was able to finish the 30+ assignments in just a few hours, a task that seems almost impossible, but it was like i knew every answer. i shouldnt know them, as i remembered i struggled to do the work before.

i was lost in though for a few more minutes when i remembered something about the dark world. when i first got there, i was my ideal self- was that still in effect? i opened my laptop, and it was like i knew exactly what i needed to do to take the school control off of it. i know for a fact i didnt know how to do that before.

i start going through multiple search queries to find a result, when i search up the name from the soul bond article, 'Lux'. i go through the list, bored, as all i found was some random brand and a few dictionary pages. i go to the second page, and i see the website called 'Dark and Even Darker News'.

i havent heard this new station before, and im curious on what it is. clicking on the news stations website, i see several news articles. at the top i see the sole reporter being a guy called 'Mike' with no last name. the main author was a guy called 'G'. deciding this was sketchy, i was about to close the website when i saw the article,

"New Lightner, Kris, Arresting the King?"

Kris? that was Asriels sibling, right? and their destroying the patriarchy, theyre even cooler than i thought! wait, that didnt matter as looking at their surroundings, it was obvious that wasnt the lightner world. i scroll down some more, and find,

"Queens Lightner, Y/N, Gone Missing?"

i click on the article, and instead its actually a video. there was just a monster with a tv for a head. i clicked on the video, and sure enough it was about my sudden disappearance. this at least confirms that none of the dark world was a dream, and the cold i was feeling was from the soul bond. i open a new tab, and search up their names.

nothing comes up for the 'G' guy, but something did come up for Mike. apparently he did commercials with multiple people. going through the playlist out of curiosity, i end up seeing-... Spamton?? the commercial was back in 1997, and he was advertising cars? hes never told me about this.

i end up doing up more research, and i find another video by the same dark world news station. it was an old video about how Spamton was kicked out of the castle, and become a nobody. it was quite harshly worded, but i got the point. with what Spamton told me before, i was able to piece together the story.

yeah, i understand why he didnt want to tell me. i feel a bit bad for not respecting his privacy now, but he doesnt have to know that i know. i get back on topic, and find Mikes work email, and i email him about the dark world, and how to get back. if he has ways of broadcasting things from the darkner world to the lightner world, hes the one to get answers from.

so uh, hows it feel to be back at college, you dropouts?