Chapter 2

When Marinette woke up the next morning, she decided that she would at least try to do something. So she tried walking, which was hard enough. Her first step was to get down her ladder without falling and puking.

"Slowly...one step at a time...slowly...one step at a time..." she had to repeat these words to herself a lot.

Finally making it down and not completely falling apart, she slowly put one foot in front of the other. Now she knew how babies felt trying to learn how to walk.

Alya opened Marinette's trapdoor. Seeing Marinette up and walking around shocked ehr, and she quickly hurried Marinette to her lounge chair.

"Alya, I'm trying to walk."

"I really don't care. You need to rest."

"I need to not be completely helpless." Alya sighed. "Good to see you awake, girl." Alya hugged Marientte gently.

"How's school?"

"Boring without you." That made Marinette laugh. "How's...Adrien...?" she asked quietly. "He's doing alright. He seems a little depressed if I'm going to be honest. Even though he has his mom again. Which I am SO confused about. Wasn't she dead?"

"No, she was just in a coma."

Alya frowned. "Well, if you're up and running, not literally, we might as well work on some basic things. I'm thinking you'll be a fast learner and it'll be easy since you were Ladybug." That's right. Alya knew that Marinette was Ladybug.

Marinette sighed. "Okay."