Chapter 3

Emilie Agreste stroked her son's hair with extreme gentleness. "Mother...it's been so different with you around. Don't get me wrong, I love seeing you again, I'm just...not used to it..."

"I know baby...I know...but tell me, was it worth it?"

Adrien looked up into his mother's emerald eyes. "What do you mean?"

"I mean, was it worth bringing me back? For the cost of another loved one?" Adrien cast his eyes down. He knew that Ladybug was right. And didn't he love her? So would something bad happen to her?

"Of course mother..." Emilie watched her son for a little moment longer. After Gabriel and Adrien brought Emilie back, Adrien had agreed to be akumatized, so that they could protect Emilie. Now he was Cat Blanc. But after they brought her back, Adrien hadn't seen Marinette for a week. He still went to school, but there was no Marinette.

He suddenly got a phone call from Nino. Adrien asked his mother if she could leave, and she complied.

"What is it dude?" Adrien asked.

"Alya has very exciting news! It's about Marinette! She finally told me why Marinette hasn't been coming to school." Adrien's heart started beating faster and faster. "Well, what did she say?"

"She kind of told me to tell you that you needed to call her to get the answer to that question."

"Alright, thanks Nino."

"No problem dude." They hung up and Adrien's hands started sweating. Was Marinette alright? He knew he was being a terrible friend and partner if he practically almost KILLED his partner and friend to bring his mother back, then wanted to see if she was okay. He FaceTimed Alya anyway.