three

You felt eyes watching you as you walked around the camp. Arthur grudgingly (not that he had a choice since Dutch tasked him) lead you towards your wagon, where you would be spending your nights to sleep in. 

Your new place was far from perfect, but it was definitely much better than moving from place to place to set up your tent in the wilderness or spending random nights at a hotel. A tent was set up with a bed already provided, with a night drawer beside it. The tent itself was some sort of shelter to shield you should there be any oncoming storms, whether that be rain or snow. 

"Well, it ain't much but this is where you're stayin' for the rest of your nights." Arthur mentioned without turning to face you.

It was evident that the handsome outlaw was irritated by your sudden arrival, and that you were just another mouth to feed at the camp. He then removed his hat, with the sun perfectly highlighting his most chiselled features. His clenched jaw, piercing eyes as blue as the ocean, and tightly pressed lips was more than enough for you to know what's running in his mind. But despite all that, you couldn't help at how gorgeous he just looked. You were thankful of the hat that you wore, as you felt your cheeks heating up. "Thanks, Mr. Morgan." 

"Sure." Arthur dryly replied. Blue stormy eyes then gazed towards your perplexed posture, noticing that you were staring at him for more than a few seconds. "Whatchu lookin' at, boy?"

Your (eye color) eyes widened, shaking your head from side to side. "Nothing." Have you really been staring at him for that long? 

"Do you even know how to use these?" Arthur pointed at the guns that you carried, proceeding to hold onto them to take a good look. 

You crossed your arms at the gunslinger, why couldn't this bastard just say thank you for rescuing him twice? "Probably better than you. I ain't a little boy, Mr. Morgan." Your expression faltered into a glare. "I know I'm just another mouth to feed, but I'll prove to you that I'm more than 'a little boy' you're yapping about."

Arthur surprisingly looked amused at your rather blunt statement. He placed his hat back on to hide a smirk that formed on his lips. "Alright, settle down there partner. Well, if you're so eager to prove yourself, how about y' come with me tonight at Three Sisters to hunt for dinner?" 

"The pleasure's all mine, Mr. Morgan." You retorted back, your tone oozing with confidence. Yes you were disguised as a man, but one thing's for sure is that he had no idea that you were the daughter of the legendary Black Belle. Which meant your skills shouldn't be underestimated. The ever so aloof Arthur Morgan was in for a big surprise.

***

The evening summer winds was refreshing, and the sun had finally showed signs of lowering itself into the forested horizon of Three Sisters. Explosions of pink, orange, and yellow presented themselves onto clouds as the sun continued its decent. But still provided just enough light for your vision to be clear enough to hunt for tonight's dinner.  

With a few clicks of your tongue, your horse had trotted alongside Arthur's, with her seeming to easily get along with your own. "So, what can we expect at Three Sisters?" 

"Mainly smaller critters..." Arthur replied a few moments later, "squirrels, rabbits, and maybe even whitetail deer. But don't expect anything bigger than that." You half-expected the outlaw to answer your general question in annoyance. But to your surprise, he replied back without any sarcasm laced in his voice.

Arthur had first mounted his horse, Scarlet, against a tree trunk with you and Ace following along. The warm dutchblood grunted in annoyance, shaking its head from side to side in protest from waiting for her master. Arthur was quick to soothe the horse and had calmed her down within a few seconds.