seventeen

I'm 100% that some of the events from the game that I've written are inaccurate (how the gang encounters Kieran that I'll be writing in this chapter or the next) since there was just so many things going on in the RDR2

I'm 100% that some of the events from the game that I've written are inaccurate (how the gang encounters Kieran that I'll be writing in this chapter or the next) since there was just so many things going on in the RDR2. But since it's my fanfic, I'll kind of tweak it so it still hopefully makes sense 😂 With that said, I just wanted to mention that since I don't want to be destroyed by hardcore RDR fans 😭

The gang was given little to no choice but to move camp once again. This time, temporarily residing at a small town called Rhodes. The camp wasn't anything extravagant, it seemed to be a similar atmosphere like it was in Horseshoe Overlook. But it was definitely something everyone would take over instead of freezing to death back at Colter. 

Dutch had heard of the colourful history this small town had under its belt. The most prominent was the fued of the two powerful and wealthy families; the Grays and the Braithwaites. 

Upon a few minutes of setting foot into Rhodes, Dutch had stumbled into an opportunity one step closer to Tahiti. It had involved the likes of Sheriff Gray, whom was also a family member of the Grays clan. 

As always, Arthur had been dragged into a situation like this. Dutch liked to keep him close in case a plan doesn't go end up too well. If people didn't cooperate, Arthur was always there to silence them with either his fists or his guns. 

The gang leader had planned to manipulate the two rival families into believing that they had destroyed each other's businesses, which Arthur had thought to be beyond ridiculous. He had wanted to gain Sheriff Gray's trust by masquerading as lawmen, as they brought in petty criminals to ease up their work. But to Arthur's surprise, Dutch's risky plan had been working so far.

While he and Dutch were busy playing pretend to be sheriff and deputy, you were busy helping out everyone else settle into the new camp space, all while thinking of how to contribute some easy cash for the gang. 

There was talks of a stagecoach that held a businessman and his wife on the way to the city. Their mode of transportation had apparently held money in a secured safe, which you were eager to get to as long as you had a companion or two with you. 

Coincidentally, you spotted both John and Javier walk past you. They would be the perfect partners during this heist. You've already worked with John and have seen firsthand at how precise he was with a gun as well as being capable with his fists. Plus, you've also promised to go on a few jobs with Javier as well. This could be your chance to witness how the Mexican outlaw handles himself on a job.

"Just the boys I've been looking for!" You called out from behind the two men before they could walk any further away from you. "I've got a lead, and I think there's lots of money involved."

Both outlaws turned to their heels and walked towards you like bees attracted to honey. The mention of money had definitely sparked some interest within them. 

"What kind of lead?" Javier's expression looked like that of an excited child.

"Folks around here were talking about a wealthy couple taking a stagecoach to the city. I didn't catch all the details, but there's definitely money with them and most likely guarded." You answered back.