eighteen

A few days had passed since having another incident with Micah

A few days had passed since having another incident with Micah. But the two of you managed to successfully avoid each other, maybe because Arthur had been staying extra close to you. John, Lenny, Javier had also kept a close eye on you from afar, as they were aware of what Micah has been doing to you lately with his threats. 

It had caused you to smirk at seeing his bandaged nose from that unforgettable punch that you gave him. Micah had earned some teases from the other members, especially the women, who were unfortunately always the target of his actions.

That rat deserved more than just a punch on the nose.

"Mornin', darlin'." Arthur's deep husky voice interrupted you deep in thought. You spotted him holding two cups filled with fresh coffee made by Hosea. He reached out to hand you your fill, with you gladly taking it from his grip.

"Morning, Arthur. Thanks." You smiled at your cowboy lover, sipping in the hot liquid that was very much needed in the morning. 

Arthur parted his lips to say something back, but was interrupted when Dutch walked towards the two of you, looking a bit frantic and somewhat excited at the same time. 

"I'm sorry for interrupting, but I need the two of you to go with the other boys." Dutch informed, earning some clueless stares from the both of you.

"What for, Dutch?" Arthur asked, not having a clue at why the gang leader needed the two of you.

"There's an O'Driscoll camp not too far from here..." Dutch trailed off a bit before continuing. "And I think Colm might be there too." 

Your head perked up from hearing that very name, sending slight shivers down your spine. You hadn't seen that monster ever since the night that he murdered your mother. Your tense figure had not gone unnoticed by the two gentlemen.

"Y' alright, darlin'?" Arthur asked with concern in his tone. He and along with the other gang members, were aware of how you felt towards Colm O'Driscoll. "Y' don't gotta come if it's a little hard on you."

"No." You answered back simply, flashing an unconvincing smile to the outlaw. "I'll come, Arthur. Besides, I'd rather be out there rather than being stuck here washing and sewing clothes."

"You two be careful, alright?" Dutch's gaze averted towards you. "You take it easy now, miss (name). I don't want you shooting at all the O'Driscolls and leaving none for the boys to take."

You scoffed at the gang leader in a playful manner as this was his way of attempting to comfort you. But you knew that he was right. If you were given the chance, you'd shoot every single one of those bastards until you found Colm, and make him suffer the most. You were completely aware that no matter what you do, there was nothing that could bring your mother back. 

Your eyes flickered towards Arthur, who just happened to nod at you in agreement. He hated seeing you feel like this, but he also hated seeing you be bored out of your mind by doing the mundane tasks in camp.