ten

Disclaimer: I am fully aware that Arthur has met Black Belle during the side mission with the photographer. But I will tweak it and have him meet her before she died in my story just so it makes more sense. And yes, I know Black Belle doesn't die in the game!

After that horrendous incident with Micah, the camp had been more at peace. He seemed to have been forgotten as no one was really sympathetic that Mr. Bell hasn't been around for a few days already, nor that anyone asked about him and his whereabouts. 

Good riddance.

You recalled at how the women stayed silent as Sadie suffered for those few moments. Maybe they truly were frightened by Micah, and that was understandable. Or that you've masqueraded as a man for so long you've forgotten that women have fewer privileges than men did, which had genuinely saddened you.

But what was that about he said? That you you won't have a 'pretty ending'? You knew for sure that Micah would return back to camp since he hasn't been officially outcasted by Dutch himself. It had frightened you a bit to be honest. Scenarios after scenarios played in your mind, thinking what monster would do to you if he found you in your tent since you slept by yourself. Just the thought of it made you want to scream for help. 

You felt a hand land onto your shoulder from behind. Instantly, your instincts had told you to grab onto your gun which you did. You pointed your gun towards the individual behind you, only to find out that it was none other than Arthur, who was now just as startled as you. 

"Christ!" Arthur gasped as he raised his hands up in surrender.

"Shit..." You gasped, slowly lowering your gun as you realized it was the handsome outlaw. "Sorry, Arthur. I thought you were Micah... I guess I'm just a bit paranoid." 

Arthur's expression had softened, recalling what Micah had almost done to Sadie and how brave you were to stand up for her and the other women of the camp. 

"I think I should be the one being paranoid to y'." He replied back in a playful manner, attempting to crack a smile from you which worked. That's what Arthur was good at, making someone temporarily forget about any horrifying moment even for just a bit.

"Remind me to never piss y' off." He also recalled when you had shot Micah's beer bottle." Shit, y' also shot his drink. Aim a little lower and y' coulda hit his heart. You're even braver than I am!"

"I wish someone shot him long before I even got here." You stifled a snicker, returning your gun back to its holster. "I'm afraid what he'll do to me Arthur. Those words that Micah said, I think he really meant it, that I won't have a pretty ending."

"There ain't never been anyone who stood up against Micah. He just thinks he's superior from everybody, especially women. He never went to y' 'cause he knows you'd kill him."The outlaw had evidently looked angry, more pissed off really. It was strange, but Arthur had been growing fond of you, even if it hasn't even been a month since you've been taken into camp. He knew you were perfectly capable of handling yourself, hell you're the daughter of the legendary Black Belle. But it seems that it's part of his instincts to want to protect you, whether that be from Micah or any kind of harm. 

"I ain't gonna let that happen to y'." His words were simple, but had the tone of the most genuine man. "C'mon. Let's get outta here for a bit and go for a ride somewhere."

***

The sun cascaded throughout the mountaintops of the countryside, offering a few beams from the suns ray. The wind was fresh as Ace and Scarlet majestically ran across the grassy fields of Three Sisters. It felt nice to finally let your long (hair color) hair as it danced along the breeze.