I Love You So

"Damn it, the fuck's wrong with you tonight, Diavolo!?" Screamed the capo as he crashed his hand across Diavolo's head. The gun fell out of his hands and he grunted in pain.

"Sorry." He grumbled and bent down to pick up his weapon, but his collared shirt was grabbed as his upper tugged him up.

"'sorry' my ass." He growled. "You let him get away, you fucking idiot."

The whole evening, Diavolo would get a shiver of fluster whenever he thought about the kiss Kira gave him, which hindered his work.

"It should've been an easy mission. Just a shoot and done. But you made it ten times more difficult." The capo complained frustratedly.

"Fine, I can go chase after him." "No, you fucking can't! We had one chance to get rid of him, and you fucked it up!"

"Can you put me down?" Diavolo ignored him, which resulted in a punch across the face, that caused him to spit out a bit of blood.

"You'll fucking listen to me." The capo said, his voice as vicious as a lion's violent roar. "I'll have you make up for this one way or another, you good-for-nothing." He insulted.

"There's nothing I can do right now, is there? Now let go." Diavolo slipped out of his hold and glared at him. The capo huffed.

"You're off for tonight." He said and shoved Diavolo to the ground, which he quickly recovered from and got up. He grabbed his gun and hid it in his jacket, walking away. He just wanted to get home. Oh, right. He needs to pass by Risotto's house to pick him up. It's fine, Risotto lives just across the street from his house. He walked there silently, sometimes glancing at his phone and remembering the call at the beginning of the day, which immediately reminded him of the kiss. Gosh, he just couldn't let that kiss go.

Soon, he was at the door to Risotto's house, knocking on the door. He heard a woman call for her partner to open the door. Another woman came to the door and greeted Diavolo.

"Are you here to pick Doppio up?" She asked him.

"Yes." He answered with a small nod, while the woman walked to the kid's room to call for his son. Doppio came back and hugged his dad.

"Hey, kiddo." Diavolo rubbed his head with a smile and picked him up. "had fun with Riso today?" He asked. Doppio nodded and hugged him. He was visibly tired. Risotto came up to the door and said 'goodbye' to Doppio. These two were very good friends. The door soon closed and Diavolo began to walk across the street.

"Me and Riso played pretend. I was Bambi and he was the big wolf." The son told his father excitedly. Diavolo smiled. "oh, that's good. Did the big wolf treat Bambi well?"

Doppio nodded. "He helped Bambi run away from the evil hunter."

"What a good wolf." He chuckled. Diavolo walked inside and set his son down.

"After Bambi ran away from the evil hunter, the big wolf gave him a kiss on the cheek." Doppio giggled. "can we have lasagna for dinner again? I really like it."

Uhm-- what was that about the kiss-

"Sure." He answered. "Did he really kiss your cheek, Doppi?" He nodded. Oh.

"Oh, did you like that kiss?" He asked, still putting on a smile for his son. "Yeah! He said that his mama told him to kiss the people he likes." He sighed. Well, they're just kids. He guessed he shouldn't get worked up over it. "That means he really likes me-" The boy chuckled giddily. Diavolo smiled. "Well, of course. You've been inseparable since you were little babies."

"Really?" Doppio asked while his eyes widened with surprise. His father hummed and nodded. Doppio giggled happily. 

"Anyways, you said you wanted lasagna?" He asked and Doppio jumped up happily, practically yelling out a "yes!"