I Mean, It's A Sticky Situation

How is Kira going to get out of this one?

More importantly, how is he going to get Diavolo out of this one?

"I haven't, sir." The pinkhead spoke nervously, gulping down a wad of spit. He could just feel the disbelief stab daggers at him.

Kira was hiding between the slit of the two walls. Like a small corridor, but any man with a brain would come see what was behind that corridor. What should he do then?

Hide? He won't be fast enough. Especially not with the snarly man so close to the spot. Kill him? Well, that would cause more trouble... screams, blood, witnesses... but most importantly...

Kira was afraid to upset Diavolo.

Kira bit his lip, suppressing another tisk from his tongue and stepping back further, trying to make the clacking of his dress shoes as quiet as possible.

"Get behind me." The gruff man commanded his underdog who had the gun. He hurriedly walked up to his boss and watched as he entered the slim slit between the two walls. Kira had no time left. He had to act fast.

No redos.

He'd thrown himself around the walls and landed on the floor to give himself a scared and dishevelled appearance. He'll seem like just a passer-by, right?? When the leader saw him, Kira had a terror in his eyes. Part of it was real.

"What the hell just happened?? There was an explosion??" He played dumb, as Diavolo glanced in, and his eyes widened. Kira??

Kira felt the glare seer his soul, having to keep up the facade of a terrified, innocent ol' man. He saw the leader's hand go forward but was stopped.

"Let him leave. He had nothing to do with this." Diavolo said with a serious expression. Kira felt warm inside as Diavolo defended him. But his stomach dropped when the other man tisked, clearly not buying into the pink man's ideas.

"We can't leave any witnesses." He said bitterly. This was supposed to be an easy mission. "Go take care of the corpse while I deal with the guy." He demanded.

"Waitwaitwait--" Kira hurriedly pleaded. He then stopped. He acts like he doesn't know. "What do you mean take care???" He panicked.

"Uh- sir, he obviously has nothing to do with this. We can just silence him." Diavolo defended. The third one looked between the two. Something was off.

"Why waste time and resources on him when I can silence him indefinitely. " He scowled.

"I know who did the killing-!!" He blurted out in an attempt to save his own skin.

You moron.

Kira panicked inwardly. Yeah??? Why would he choose to say THAT of all things?????

"Say what?" The leader asked suspiciously, as Diavolo gave him an intense stare. What is he doing?

"I know who did it." He said again, his breath growing shakier and more intense. Plotting eyes went towards Diavolo and nodded him down. A head was shaken to Kira's direction as the scene stopped.

"Are you gullible?" The man quietly huffed, as Diavolo went and grabbed Kira by the arm and raised him up. The way he looked at Kira only asked one question.

'What are you doing?'

"If you really know who did this, then you're going to prove useful to us." The man hummed. Kira was left speechless, any string of thought that might end up in words got cut off by his own brain. He can't say anything to get away now. He glanced at Diavolo and had a glimmer in his eyes.

Well... at least he's with him.

As the blond was held by the arm, he saw the third man walk up to the corpse and investigate it. It looked like it had blown up.

Kira had waited for a moment. As blissful as he felt, being held by his beloved, he knew he couldn't stay here. They wouldn't let him go when his vacation days ended, and being missing from work would surely cause rumors to be spread about him, and Kira despised that kind of attention. He wanted to seem like the everyman. The common guy. This can't happen.

He looked over to Diavolo, who stated at him with a bitten lip. He can't let this happen to Kira, but he can't stand up to his upper...

Kira's hand went to Diavolo's button-up shirt as he gently pulled him closer.

"I'm sorry for getting you in trouble, Devil." He whispered softly in his ear. His whispering sounded like angels, but Diavolo turned to him.

"But you didn-" He whispered back as Kira flicked a coin towards his boss and broke himself free. It didn't take long for the man to notice and turn back to see Kira run, and start to chase after him.

"The fuck are you waiting for, you moron?? Get running!" He yelled at the pinkhead.

But as he did, his foot landed on the coin Kira threw, and suddenly...

His foot exploded.

The explosion wasn't big, but it was enough to make the man unable to pursue him any further.

Kira had made his escape into the night without another sound. Siavolo stayed behind with his boss and hurried to patch him up, but felt his hand go up to his collar and pull forward, choking him slightly.

"You have a new objective from now on."
He cursed.

"Find that man. Bring him back to me for some questioning."

Diavolo didn't answer for a moment. How could he? He can't put Kira in danger.

No. Diavolo has to stand up to this man for once. He won't let him hurt his Kira.

"What? You think your mission starts tomorrow? Get running, deadbeat." The man scowled.

"That's a dumb idea." Diavolo helped the man up. "If I leave you here, who's gonna help you to the others and patch you up? My mission starts tomorrow. " He insisted.

Tomorrow. When the boss won't have as much agency over him. Tomorrow.

When Diavolo will be able to do what he plans.

This guy's selfish parade is going to come to an end.

Mark my words.