𝐗𝐕𝐈𝐈

"Let's go."

"No."

"Come on."

"Potter, I'm not going."

I rolled my eyes. I marched over to the window and threw back the curtains. The dim sun beams shone over the room, cascading everything in the six a.m. light.

I'd slept in the common room that night so that Draco could sleep soundly without worry. I didn't mind, I just wished he would get used to me.

Draco sat still in his bed half under his covers, arms crossed with a scowl as I made my way to him and pulled his blankets off all the way.

He shivered and scowled even harder.

"C'mon," I nagged, "What do you have first, Arithmancy?"

"Ancient Runes," he grumbled. "But it doesn't start until nine. Let me sleep."

"We're going to breakfast," I said, picking up his robe and tie draped over his chair and threw it at him. "Get dressed."

He frowned and fell back in his bed, pulling one of two pillows over his face and pushing himself into the mattress.

I huffed and left for the great hall without him.

Hermione was the only one there at this time,
other than a few Ravenclaws and a Hufflepuff. We said "hello", I downed some watery coffee, grabbed an orange and started back for the common room.

When I opened the door and stepped in to look at my surroundings, Draco hadn't moved an inch, though, he was dressed. All except for his tie.

I yanked the pillow off his face. He glared at me, but sat up anyways.

I handed him the orange and a mug of coffee.

"I'm more of a tea person," he said, sneering at the mug.

"It's beans and water. Pretend it's some eccentric flavour of high quality tea." 

He too a sip and winced at the flavour. He spat it back into the mug.

"It tastes like dirty water," he looked at me.

"Not everything is magical," I retorted.

We sat for a while without talking. I made him eat the orange regardless of how he complained about the contrasting aftertastes.

He asked me how my Astronomy was going, I lied and said it was fine.

Looking back, I really have no idea why I thought it was a good idea to take it. I wasn't particularly fascinated or genuinely interested in it at all. I suppose I had a thirst for the unknown? Something new?

Perhaps I assumed I would discover some unknown secret to the universe. I don't know why It seemed stupid now to think that a high school space course would do that for me.

"Maybe you could take the class for me," I suggested sarcastically.

He scoffed as he picked leftover orange pulp from under his finger nails. "Please, I'm taking more than enough classes as it is."

"Classes that you're not attending," I remarked.

"I would attend," he said smartly, "if they said anything of interest." 

"Don't you like Potions? Or Defence? What about Arithmancy and Ancient Runes, those aren't mandatory."

"I liked Potions because I liked Snape. Defence pleased my father and Arithmancy and Ancient Runes were arbitrarily," he explained.