𝐗𝐋𝐈𝐗

"So," I said, "this is it, huh?"

Draco looked down at me, a new gleam in his eyes that spoke nothing but exhilaration.

"You say that like the world is ending."

I turned my head to gaze out of the window again. Out at the mountain peaks, hinted with the familiar golden-blue glow of the sunrise. Out at the trees reflecting on the stillness of the Black Lake, until they will eventually ripple with a weeping rain.

"It kind of is ending," I sighed, "This world, anyways."

Draco tightened his arms around my waist, resting his chin atop my shoulder, nose nuzzled in my neck. The hot breath from his lungs set everything right in the world.

"Well, now," his voice muffled on my skin, "we get to make a new one. Just you and me, until the world really does come to an end."

That sounded nice, so I smiled. I think Draco smiled too, I hoped he was, saying something that sounded so much like poetry.

Even just the sky itself—the entire scenery was the most perfect description of beauty. I had a strong feeling, that even the poets would be lost for words. 

"You and I, we could last beyond that, I think; the end of the world," he said.

"I think I'd rather be together in a world that's intact, thank you," I smirked.

Draco sniggered, and propped his head up so I could hear him better. "Way to ruin the moment, Scarface."

We stood in silence until the sun was fully visible and the warmth seeped in through the window pane.

There was a knock at the door.

Draco sighed, took a moment, and then went over to see who was there.

I took that time to finish folding the leftover socks that I had fished out from under my bed, before I heard the click of the door opening, and Draco turned to get my attention.

"Harry? I think someone would like to speak with you."

I peaked around Draco's shoulder. Ron stood there with a guilty expression on the threshold.

"Harry," he said, and nothing else. I understood.

He stepped back from the doorway and I followed him out into the hall. We faced each other, I looked dead into his eyes and he tried to as well, but failed every time.

"You said you wanted to talk?" I asked in a monotone.

He nodded.

"So, talk then," I urged, wanting to get this over with so I could finish packing.

"I think I owe you an apology."

"You think?"

"I know I do," he muttered. "I shouldn't have shut you out like that. I just needed some time to think."

"Think about what, Ron? Think about whether or not you should drop my arse 'cause I don't have romantic feelings for your sister?" I felt the anger at Ron rising in my stomach, threatening to spill out on the floor after being held down for so long.