CHAPTER 4

CHAPTER 4

Han Jumin's status as the heir of a prestige company made it impossible for him to go anywhere without bodyguards. Being almost kidnapped a few times when he was a child had become a weather-like story like him. Since then, he relied on his bodyguards when it comes to his safety. They were all so competent that no one had ever lay a hand on him, let alone hurting him.

But now, not even for the whole day his bodyguard was not around to protect him and now, Han Jumin got himself kicked by a girl on the street.

"Jumin, are you okay?" While also eyeing Hae Soo who made her way across the street with a scary determination and hurt knees, Rika was also worried about Jumin's 'mental state' in thi situation as he still clutched his victimized calf which made the woman could not see his face well.

How humiliating would it be for someone who was not close with women when he was kicked violently by a random woman like he was an assaulter?

Still, Jumin would never give up.

Rika flinched as the man suddenly stood up straight like a robot. It felt like he was not kicked in the first place. "Wait, are you..."

"I apologize, Rika. I believe her knees injured pretty bad so..." while still looking at the limping girl not far from them, Rika suddenly could see a strange determination in his eyes whenever he wanted to started a cat project, as opposed to Hae Soo's fierce determination to go to C&R building. "If she collapses again in five seconds, I will use plan B."

"What Plan B?"

Jumin was right and he meant his words. As soon as Hae Soo's legs gave up again, this was the first time Rika could see how a director who always spent his time at his desk or sitting while drinking wine moved so fast. He was similar to a robot that suddenly powered up after Jaehee changing the battery.

"Hey, Jumin! Han Jumin!" Rika knew Jumin was 'crazy' sometimes but...

Did he really have to be that determined? Why would his perfectionism got the better of him right now?

"Wait, what are you doing!?" As expected from a girl who dared to kick Jumin, Hae Soo yelled right away as Jumin suddenly held her shoulder with his poker face before lifting her.

Seeing how aggressive Hae Soo reacted to Jumin holding her like a princess, Rika could feel that she was not an ordinary girl because...

She never saw any girl rejected Jumin's help. She never saw any girl not falling for Jumin's good look and claiming that the man was their love at the first sight.

But, Hae Soo... she did exactly the opposite of the two situations that Rika had never seen before. She rejected his help and she did not even spare a glance at how cool Jumin looked.

"I am sorry, Miss. I am a type of person who cannot leave things unsettled. You need to go to the hospital."

"What the heck!? Are you crazy!? Why are you acting like you are driving an ambulance!? Let me go!" Being lifted suddenly by a stranger was one thing but it was horrifying when the man's big hand held her bare thighs casually.

"Jumin, are you sure?" The speechless Rika could not help but ask. Her green eyes sized up at this ridiculous sight of Jumin holding a random girl.

"Let's go, Rika," while holding Hae Soo who was still struggling to escape from his iron grip, he gestured Rika to open the car door.

"Are you serious, Jumin? Are you really not out of your mind?"

"Of course not. Why are you talking like I am kidnapping a girl?"