CHAPTER 7

CHAPTER 7

Black iris still searched for answers from the couple. Seconds passed but V was too speechless to say anything that might cause another injury after this.

As for Rika, Jumin almost believed that he was looking at someone else instead of the charming woman of RFA. The woman opposite him was way too different. Never mind her tears because no matter how bright she was, she was still a human. She had every right in the world to burst into tears but...

The way her lips quivered and how burning her eyes were...

"I guess there is something that an outsider like me shouldn't know, huh?" Jumin asked, internally scolding himself for being nosy. He could not help it. This situation involved V and the man always seemed like he held so many secrets.

"I am sorry, Jumin. I just had a hard time today. I... I exploded to V just now because I was just too stressed out," Rika said which was no surprise for V. Yeah, to deceive someone sharp like Jumin, it did not do any harm for them to tell the truth no matter how vague it was.

It was much better than giving lame excuses like them fighting was actually the sound from TV or radio.

"I see. I won't ask anymore if you aren't up for sharing. I am sorry for being nosy."

"It's okay, Jumin," Rika said with a small smile. It was small but God knew how relieved she felt.

At least for now.

"Well, Jumin, what gives?" V said, breaking the stiff atmosphere. Jumin was just worried and tried to help them; he felt bad since he knew the fact more than everyone. The man gestured his best friend to the sofa. The least they could do for the concerned Jumin was entertaining him properly as a guest.

"It's past office hour and I don't have anywhere to go in particular. Plus, you guys only show up for RFA events. I wonder is there something wrong with my friends here if you guys don't even bother to chat with us lately," Jumin said as direct as how he had always been. He took a seat, studying Rika and V who sat next each other.

"Ouch..." V said, curving in an apologetic smile. "You sure come here to hit our heads like that, huh?"

"I can't think of any other ways to say it. It's better to be direct than be figurative," Jumin said, eyeing V who only nodded in defeat.

"Yeah, I can't think of any excuse to come up either. We're just busy," Rika said. "But that doesn't mean we forget RFA..."

"I didn't say anything about RFA. I am talking about how you guys only show up when there is RFA. You only show up for RFA. Not even for Yoosung," Jumin interposed. Just what they had been busy with? They were not like this before. "Just give him a call or something, Rika. He really admires you and he literally chose his current course because of your advice."

"I wonder why he feels so, though. Sure, it makes me feel honored but I don't think I deserve it," Rika said, smiling bitterly as Yoosung's curious and smiling face clouded her mind.

"Why do you deserve it? Is that obvious?" Jumin looked at V so that they both could express how illogical for someone amazing and likeable like Rika to question Yoosung's thought.

But as he noticed V's expression...

"Oh, that reminds me," as Rika snapped her fingers, she smiled so bright that it would match the sun. This was the Rika who Jumin knew but given this situation, it was very strange. "Jumin, when does Hae Soo start working as your assistant? You already hired her, right? I have read the messages on the chatrooms."

The heir did not manage to conceal how surprised he was by Rika's excitement.

"Well, at least I know now that you did read the chats. What a relief," Jumin said, did not miss the speechless faces from the couple. Like hell he would miss this chance to be snarky. "She started tomorrow."