Bring Me Your Heart

They walk hand in hand, whispering secrets to each other, laughing at the the other's jokes, and pausing every so often to kiss and nuzzle. If people stop and watch, they may say that this couple are completely in love.

But Blanche knows better. Love isn't in the picture at all. Lust is, and so is desire. Not love. Not yet. She hasn't crossed off the possibility.

To say that she doesn't enjoy Hunter's shows of affection would be a lie. She likes the way he touches his nose with hers, and how he kisses her top lip first then her bottom lip before giving her a complete kiss she can feel down the back of her knees. Bee is also appreciative of how Hunter keeps a hand or a finger on her at all times. And when he's too far away, he sears her with his gaze.

Every now and then, Bee finds herself blushing, having to fan herself as memories filter into her mind. Memories of how Hunter's body is taut and soft all the same, flushed against her, of how thrilling little nibbles turn into blazing kisses on her fired-up skin, of how he fills and stretches her to the brim, causing her to move to the edges of insanity and bliss.

She never knew sex can be so much fun, or so devilishly good. She realizes now how much passion lacked between her and Perry. Although it isn't a surprise, since Perry is only concerned with himself.

Even though they agreed that they should start the day early, sex after breakfast with her propped on the stool, soaked under the shower, and back in the bed have delayed them. No matter, they simply have a sofa to choose,grab a quick lunch, head back to their apartment (and have sex again, she's hoping), before they meet her mother.

Oh, her mother. How can she explain Reyna to Hunter? How does she tell him that her mother has acted more like her agent, instead of someone maternal or shares DNA with her? Bee secretly delights on how Reyna will react to how Hunter looks, and talks, or what he does for a living. A tattoo artist. It's almost laughable how much of a contrast Hunter is to Perry.

Bee can only make guesses on how much Hunter is paid. The apartment isn't much of a symbol of his wealth. She doesn't know how he gets to the studio. But seeing as how he works an incredible amount of time, she suspects Hunter isn't well off at all. She's fine with his state, of course, but she supposed they will eventually have the money talk since they're about to raise a child together.

Pausing in front of a chocolate brown leather sofa, she's amazed that only now does she accept and can see Hunter as a father. Her head tilts up to stare at him, a few feet away talking to a man. He smiles at her right away. Maybe their baby will have his smile.

The chatter around her brings her back to her goal. They are here to replace the sofa Hunter threw out because he knew she couldn't stand the reminder it brings her.

Bee expects Hunter to take her to one of those big box or budget furniture stores, instead, they find themselves in an upscale store in the Meatpacking District, where the selections are varied and striking to look at but too exorbitantly priced that they don't even display the price. Hunter has asked her to pick whatever she wants. She worries that her ingrained previous lifestyle will take effect. What if she chooses something he can't afford? And what does she really know how much sofas should cost?

Bee continues to walk around the store, contemplating on what she knows and doesn't. Then, she sees it, a fabric three-seater which combines comfort and style. Her fingers run over it.

Even before he makes his presence known,she feels Hunter behind her. An electric tug between her legs. He wraps his hands around her,and rubs her belly, while he nuzzles her neck. Her hand raises and tickles the side of his cheek. When he presses harder against her, the heat pools in her core as she feels his erection.