The Ribbon Tightens

After leaving the quaint little restaurant, Trisha and Blanche decide to take a walk around the area. It's Bee's first time in Chelsea during the day. Much like the rest of the city, she hasn't figured out which part represents a certain demographic. They've picked up a few soy candles from a kitschy shop after brunch. Bee is determined to enjoy her first weekend off in three weeks.

Working for Jason H.Peters has been a challenge at first. But Blanche's determination won and in a matter of days, she's organized the office the most efficient way and has figured out how to do the rest of the work effectively. To say Jay has been impressed by her is an understatement. For certain, he would want to keep her longer than three months, if not as a permanent employee. Still, she keeps in mind that she's under probation and makes sure that her work is done close to perfection.

"We should get a tattoo," Trisha suggests once spotting the bright red lettering on a shop window.

Blanche quirks an eyebrow. "Serious?"

"Yeah!" Trisha's eyes brightens. "I've always wanted one. Don't you?"

She has wanted it done for a while, but her mother often dismissed the idea, saying, "it's lowly and for whores". A memory flitters in her mind of one hot tattooed man. Hunter. She still blushes every time she thinks of him and their night together. Blanche takes her friend's hand and pushes at the door of Red Ink Studio.

What she has expected doesn't match what she sees. The interior of the tattoo parlor is welcoming, warmer and cozier, even with the high ceilings, and it is artfully decorated.

A short girl with wiry purple hair greets them, "Hello, ladies, do you have an appointment?"

"Oh shoot." Trisha glances at Bee. "No, but we only want small tattoos."

She does? Blanche doesn't know what kind of tattoo Trish wants, but she has a clear idea of what she'd like to get done on herself. And it is small.

"Well, we don't take walk-ins really." The girl takes in their appearances. Trisha looks like she belongs with her skin-tight jeans, John Lennon tee and spiky booties. But Blanche is another story with her lemon yellow summer dress, ballet flats and a little pink flower pinned on top of her head. Her hair has grown a bit and she is determined to grow it back again, no matter how much Trisha wishes she can cut it again.

"Aw really? Please? We can wait a bit as soon as someone is done. We won't take a lot of time. Haven't you been spontaneous?" Trish pleads.

"Girl, I'm the Queen of Spontaneity," the receptionist declares. "I may have room for one. Only one, as long as it's a small tattoo." She regards the two women in front of her. "Who will it be?"

The two friends look at each other. Trisha grins and speaks first, "She can go!" And pushes Bee forward.

What? "But I thought you?" Blanche protests, feeling like she has been tricked.

"Perfect! I just need you to fill out this form as best as you can. I'm Daisy, by the way. Have a seat and once you're done, I'll bring you right in." Daisy thrusts a piece of paper on a board towards Bee. "You're in luck, for real, cause Peter is a one of the best and he usually has a year-long wait list. He's looking after an apprentice so it will be a good training tool."

"Is the apprentice going to tattoo me?"

"Naw, Peter will, unless if you're feeling brave today? Our apprentices go through rigorous training. They don't get to touch clients until after several months. And don't worry, Pete may be the biggest guy here but he's very skilled and gentle." Bee doesn't miss the innuendo in Daisy's last words.