Ignored - Janus angst (also Virgil angst)

{UNEDITED}
It's a vent chapter so uh-

TRIGGER WARNING: BEING IGNORED, SELF-DEPRECATION, CRYING, BEING REPLACED, PUSHING OTHERS AWAY

:,)

------

Janus watched from the couch as Patton and Roman began spontaneously singing disney songs, Virgil smiled along with him. It was just the four of them and they couldn't be separated, Patton and Roman are the reason the two brothers aren't as hostile and stand-offish anymore, nothing would get rid of their trust issues obviously, but they stopped skipping class, getting into fights with other students, that sort if thing. The four could be seen practically everywhere together, everyone in town knew how close they were.

Until Loagn came along. The brothers knew he didn't mean to, but he wormed his way into their friend group, causing an accidental split. Patton and Roman didn't notice that they weren't spending time with the other two as much anymore and instead leaving them in the dust, until they barely spoke.

Virgil and Janus slowly went back to their old ways, except this time fighting with eachother aswell. Janus didn't want Virgil to go and find someone to replace him with so he pushed him away, as far away as he could, and scared him so he went further away. Janus was a husk of himself, silently listening to his brother cry at night. Alone, with no one to help. Janus wanted to help but he was scared. Scared that he would be replaced again, ignored again. So he stayed away.

What Janus didn't know is he was causing exactly what he had wanted to avoid. After a few months, Janus realized his mistake, and tried apologizing to Virgil, only to be ignored, and then, he opened the door to Remy, who said he was going on a date with Virgil. Janus was shoved out of the way as Virgil happily went on his date. Smiling for the first time in a while.

Now Janus was the only one alone. Roman and Patton had Logan, and Virgil had Remy. They didn't need him. But he stayed around, tried to fix things with his brother, until he moved with his boyfriend to New York to go to collage. He didn't even try with the other two, why would he? They started this whole ordeal. So he went to university, studying to become a solo detective. Never working with anyone, and always staying as far away from others as he could get.

------

I feel better now :)