Liminal Spaces - Logan-Centric LAMP Soulmate AU

Tw: kinda angsty, romantic everyone in the ship, my sleep deprived writing, (let me know if I need to add more)

Soulmate idea I came up with at 12am: Once you turn 18 you go to your soulmates limial space (Location which is a transition between two other locations, or states of being), and then their body. You get to explore and see them and gather clues, wherever that maybe, but you only have a short amount of time to do so.

-------

Logan sat on top of the playground and looked at is surroundings, he was at a playground at night, the shadows warping and distorting around him making everything seem creepier, then he heard the whispers, his family was saying things, talking about him behind his back, or to his face he didn't know, they were everywhere. He covered his ears and hoped for it to stop. He knew why this was happening he just didn't expect it to be this horrible. He shot awake in bed looking around the room, knowing it would be someone else's.

It seemed to have off-white walls paired with pastel pink and blue furniture, he sighed figuring he should put on the glasses resting on the bedside table. Now he could clearly see in the small and illuminated room. There were cute objects and clutter around, most of them collecting dust, in the corner was a bookshelf overflowing with books of various genre and category. Logan didn't stop to examine them, he looked at the desk and saw the mess that was left behind in the aftermath of what appeared to be some sort of art project.

He caught a quick glace in the mirror at the person who was ment to be his soulmate before he felt his eyes getting heavy. He managed set the glasses down before he passed out, being transported into another limial space.

This time he was on a stage, the curtains open and lights blaring into his eyes, the seats were filled with the same person, his face was obscured with an orange mask. He couldn't move, he couldn't speak, he was frozen, trapped until his body woke up but it gave him time to think. Why was he in another liminal space? He had already been to his soulmates, and this wasn't his, so why was he hear? He distantly remembered being taught that people could have more than one soulmate. He didn't have much time to think about it before he woke up, it appears he was on the floor, he picked himself up and walked around.

It appeared that this 2nd soulmate was a theater geek, the wall was decorated in Broadway posters, there was a costume chest on the foot of their bed, their desk had dust collecting on it and several kink-knacks were scattered across the room. They lived in what appeared to be a small studio apartment, all alone, Logan empathized with that, trying to remember when his parents had been home for more than a few hours. All to soon he fell into another limial space.

He was in what appeared to be a mental facility, the walls were stark white with motivational posters on them, along with safety rules and guidelines. It was silent, not a sound could be heard from anything other then his footsteps. He opened a door and was met with a hospital, chairs lined the walls, he opened another door and was met with the mental facility again, he did the same experiment, he was trapped in a loop going from mental facility to hospital and back.

He kept doing this until he reached a new door, he went it. Inside was what Logan assumed was an orphanage, toys were scattered about and the TV was playing some kids cartoon, except he still couldn't hear anything. Same as the other two rooms. He kept moving forward until he was lurched into a body.

This person was on the bed, it seemed someone had gotten them to it before they passed out, Logan assumed it was one of the other two people he had just experienced. He noted the open window and telescope, wanting to remember it for a later conversation. They had 2 overflowing bookshelves, mostly of classics, fantasy, non-ficton, and horror. Logan had spotted a copy of his favorite book on the bedside table before he went to the mirror upon noticing it. Like his other 2 soulmates he did not appear to be Logans ideal type, that was ok however because each of his soulmates seemed to have some sort of compatibility with him.

He made it to the bed again and layed down before he went into a sleepless dream and woke up in his body when he woke, newfound knowledge still fresh on his mind.

-------

Might make this into a multi-part mini series, (maybe a book if I'm feeling spicy) with all the POVs of the others??

725 words