Flying

Raines pov

Eda grinned and I gasped as a huge shadow covered me. Edas great wings had unfurled, stopping our fall.
Then she propelled us upward so fast the world blurred around me. And the force of the wind almost knocked my glasses off.

"Eda slow dow!" I yelled over the wind and she stopped midair. Making us hover hundreds of feet in the air.

"Is this better Raine?" She smiled.

"Eda you know I'm afraid of heights!" I cried holding her tighter.

"Don't worry rainstorm, mama will protect you."

I blushed. "Eda!"

I heard her chuckle as we glided down toward the owl house.

Eda set me down and folded her wings back. "Is that better?" She asked again.

"Yeah." I smiled awkwardly. "I should get back to my crew, thanks for rescuing me."

Eda raised an eyebrow.

I looked over at her new form.
"Ahem, uh... You look great by the way."

"I know." She grinned, giving me a little spin, "Im like a harpy woman now."

"That's awesome Eda. uh, and if you don't mind me asking, how did you get like that? Not that it's a problem, your perfect in every way-" Eda cut me off.

"I made peace with my curse Raine." She said, a soft smile formed on her face, "And now, I want to make peace with you. I'm sorry I hid it from you Raine, I'm sorry I pushed you away."

I looked at her, eyes wide.

"You are? Now? After all these years? Why didn't you say something sooner?"

"I was a coward Raine. I get it if your still upset and just want you to know that I still like you. And I've regretted my decision since the day you joined the bard coven..."

I smiled. "Ok I forgive you eda." Eda lit up and took my hand.

"Come inside Raine. It's getting dark and we have a lot of catching up to do."

"Ok! But only if you introduce your kids." I smiled following her into the house.