Something goes wrong

Edas pov

The next day, after Luz left to have a sleepover with willow and gus Raine and i began to prepare final details, extra wepons, food and a medicine kit.

"Raine is everything ready?" I asked.

No reply.

They must have went inside to get somthing.

I waited in scilence for a second and for a minute i though i could hear panicked arguing coming from the trees.

"Who goes there?" I yelled.

The voices stopped and i shook it off. It was just nerves.

"Im right here Eda." Raine said, putting a hand on my shoulder.

"Raine are you ok?" You look worried.

'"Im fine Eda we should go." but they looked shaky, "I just had to clear somthing up."

"Alright then, are you ready rainbow?" I asked, giving them a nudge.

"I- Yes... Wait Eda, im worried, we shouldnt do this." Raine replied.

"Why? Our plan is basically foolproof."

"Eda please, just get away from here i dont want to hurt you." Raine said, almost urgently.

"Raine whatever had gotten into you?" I asked. "Look there nothing you can do to talk me out of this. I know our plan will work, as long as were together"

"Eda..." Raine sighed, "fine."

With a nod i turned into harpy mode. And we flew to the catle together.

After dropping raine off at a secrate enterance i began swooping down and plucking the gaurd off one by one. Dropping them into a makeshift prision so they couldent get help.

Once the route was cleared we snuck inside and i waited for raines signal. While i was busy they had went ahead to scout for problems. and one i heard a low hoot i knew the coast was clear.

I flew around the corner and looked around. Where was raine?

They were supposed to meet me after they gave the signal.

Suddenly an arm reached out and i was slammed against a wall by a coven gaurd.

"Your coming with me owl lady."

"Raine!" I yelled. Raine turned visible and i watched in horror as they turned away.

"Im sorry eda."

Frozen in shock i couldnt do anything as i was bound up with chains and dragged away.

"Raine!"

No reply.