Find Pt. 1 (Tam's PoV)

A/N The time that it took me to take a break is an actual time skip, so roughly 1-2 weeks from the last chapter.

Second Note: I have changed my writing style slightly to make it similar to the Kane Chronicles, in which whoever's PoV it is may add a note, to which another character they are writing this with makes a remark, as you will see later. I hope this adds a bit of humor and personality to the writing.

I was sitting at the edge of my bed talking to Linh, Sophie, and Marella (don't ask me why I was only with the girls- ouch! Fitz, it wasn't my fault you were left out, you were busy with your hair again!) when we heard a buzzing sound from under my pillow.

"Uh, what's that?" Marella asked, flopping on my bed and flinging aside cushions. Under all of the pillows was my missing imparter. "That's where it was!" I exclaimed, grabbing it and answering the hail. It was from Mr. Forkle.

"What is with you kids not answering your imparters?" he asked grumpily. Sophie peeked her head over my shoulder. "Oops... I left my imparter in my room..." Mr. Forkle sighed. "Let's get straight to the point. We have gotten far enough along with the antidote to start testing. The problem is... we don't have any test subjects. We have evidence to prove that we have a basic location of where the Neverseen are hiding the recruits, based on the fact that they forgot to snip one of the new... recruits... registry pendants." He paused for a second. "The registry pendant belongs to a recruit named Felona. She's a vanisher."

"It could be a trap though," Linh pointed out, forming a bubble of mist in her hands. "It wouldn't be below the Neverseen to do so." Mr. Forkle nodded. "The registry pendant's location is near an abandoned warehouse in New York."

"Who's going?" I asked. Mr. Forkle raised an eyebrow. "We are not ready for a mission yet," he pointed out. Sophie shook her head. "We need to go as soon as possible. We don't know if they'll move now that we have their location." Mr. Forkle nodded pensively. "Perhaps..."

He shook his head. "We'll talk about that tonight at Everglen," he said simply before ending the hail.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Who's going?" was the first question everyone asked the moment we got settled. Mr. Forkle facepalmed, rubbing his temples. "I would ask who would like to volunteer, but-"

Everyone in the room either shouted, raised their hands, or fought their way to the front of the room. I sighed, sitting comfortably on a sofa, knowing quite well that I would go no matter what.

"Let's get this over with. I'm going," Sophie declared, standing straight up. Grady shot her a worried glance. "No-" he started, but Mr. Forkle nodded. "The Moonlark should go. I also believe it would be wise if Mr. Tam went as well." I smirked smugly.

"I want to go!" Fitz yelled, his face red. "My sister and my best friend have been kidnapped!" Everyone started shouting.

Everyone means the following: The Black Swan Collective, all of our families except the triplets and my parents (because they're terrible- hey, you agree with it too, Linh), and the physicians, Elwin and Livvy.

"Enough!" Wraith called out ominously. And I mean ominously, because you didn't see him, and his voice was hallowy and whispery. "We have discussed this before arriving here, and we believe that this would be best as a stealth mission, meaning as few members as possible."

Mr. Forkle continued. "We believe it would be best if Sophie Foster, Tam Song for stealth, as Biana Vacker is not with us-" Everyone looked remorseful when he said Biana's name. "- Dex Dizznee-" Dex pumped his fist up triumphantly. "Finally!" he exclaimed. "- and Marella Redek," Mr. Forkle finished, looking slightly annoyed.

"I should go," Grady argued. "I can-" Mr. Forkle held up a hand. "We are well aware of your mesmer abilities, Mr. Ruewen, but we believe that they will not be needed in a stealth mission. Dex would be useful for coming up with gadgets in case of failure, along with Marella for her pyrokinesis."

I was really glad that none of the Councilors had been able to attend. It would have ruined Marella's secrecy regarding her ability.

Fitz didn't seem to agree. Correction: he really didn't agree. "But-" Mr. Forkle cleared his throat loudly. "Mr. Vacker, we believe you may cause rash actions during the mission," he explained as carefully as he could. Fitz growled, but said nothing. Well, that was quite outright, I thought.

"When do we leave? What preparations do we need?" Sophie asked, sitting back down on a sofa next to me. Mr. Forkle coughed. "Tonight. You may be able to catch some of the recruits sleeping. Dex, please create a couple gadgets to... capture... a recruit. Just wear dark clothes. I will supply you with a photo of your location, and Ms. Foster will teleport you there."

A/N Updates may still not be daily, but I will do my best to make them as frequent as possible. Fan Fictions that I say I am working on (ex. EC x PJO and Nico di Angelo and Anubis) may not be added to Wattpad, or are still in the process of being written.