Perhaps (Tam's PoV)

A/N If any of y'all are active readers, I assumed after that ending you were about to come after me?

"I lo- love y- you, too," I managed to hoarsely whisper, but everything was black and pain and agony. I heard a muffled cry next to me.

Then everything stopped hurting. I couldn't feel anything, and I couldn't open my eyes or move a muscle. I suppose this is what death feels like, I thought miserably.

Then I was standing in a large cavern. An old man looked toward me almost desperately. I turned around, seeing a giant exit, and fled away from the gloomy cave. Then everything went dark again.

Then light. Blinding yet blissful light. My eyes fluttered open, strength returning to my weary muscles. "Tam!" Sophie cried, hugging me so tightly I was almost sure my ribs would crack. Elwin let out a surprised gasp, insisting me to lay down as he circled me with his glowing balls of light.

"Wh- what happened?" I asked. "Did you defeat the baby trolls?" Sophie shook her head. "Not us. That ally of ours. And the other boy."

"Where are they now?" I asked, sitting up. All my scratches seemed to fade into thin scars, most of them nearly invisible. Including the knife wound.

"They disappeared," Sophie explained, twisting her panic ring nervously.

"Oh."

Elwin shook his head, rubbing a temple as if having a headache. "Y- you were dead, Tam," Elwin told me. "Heartbeat dead, everything." Sophie didn't look fazed. "Humans like, electrocute you to start your heart again. Why can't it happen naturally?"

Elwin shook his head. "I suppose. But we didn't electrocute him. He just died, and somehow came back." Sophie shrugged. "Well, he's back now. And... somehow healed." She kissed me on the cheek lightly.

Elwin smiled. "Knew it was going to happen one day," he said, smirking at us. This time, neither of us seemed embarrassed about it.

Perhaps things could finally work out.

Everyone eventually recovered. There were a couple casualties, and they were all given Wanderlings.

Everything clicked as if it were a puzzle. Everyone was with someone. The Neverseen seemed to disappear. If only that were the end.

If only...

A/N There will be an epilogue. There, you will find out more about what happens next!