Truth or Dare Again?! (Sophie's PoV)

"You know what I'm going to say," Biana announced while we were eating Elvin desserts. I gave her a suspicious side-eye. This time, Felona and Pailin had joined us at Everglen.

"Don't," Fitz told her warily. I glanced at Tam to find him tugging his bangs over his eyes. For some reason, my heart fluttered just a tiny bit.

"Please don't," Tam added to Fitz's argument. Felona twisted a strand of her hair. "What's wrong?" she asked, holding Pailin's hand. I had to admit, it was pretty cute seeing them together. Felona leaned on Pailin's shoulder. Pailin had a red and white striped scarf around his neck, and Felona snuggled into the cotton fluff of the scarf.

"T-R-U-T-H-O-R-D-A-R-E," Biana spelled out. I groaned. "Biana-" I started, but she cut me off with a waving of her hand. "Nuh-uh," she retorted. "We've had a messy month. We need to relax." Felona squealed. "Yes!" Pailin looked slightly uneasy at the idea, but seemed indifferent nonetheless.

"You know, Tam and I are the only single ones in this group," I pointed out. "Even Felona and Pailin are together. Which means we'll be the only ones with crush questions." Keefe raised an eyebrow at me. "Oh, the oblivious Sophie Foster finally realized something about romance," he said, rolling his eyes. I glared at him mockingly, and he just smirked at me.

Tam tugged his bangs over his pale-blue eyes even further. Keefe snorted. "See, you two even share a trait! Bangs Boy pulls his bangs over his eyes when he's nervous, and you pull out your eyelashes when you're worried." I was seriously tempted to smack his smug face, but knew inwardly it was kind-of-sort-of true.

Biana clapped her hands together. "Doesn't change the fact we're playing truth or dare," she declared. Linh had a secret suspicious smile on her face that practically said, I have something very devious up my sleeve but I'm not going to tell you what it is.

Cue makeover threats and three minutes later, we were sitting in a circle ready to play truth or dare. "Truth or dare Marella!" Biana asked.

Marella twisted one of her mini braids nervously. "Hmm... truth." Biana pouted. "Hmm, alright. What's the biggest lie you've ever told?" Keefe rolled his eyes. "Telling my mother I ever loved her was my biggest lie," he replied sarcastically. I couldn't blame him. Marella rolled her eyes. "Probably when I told Stina that Councilor Alina was trying to find her to give her year-long detention for pranking three of her mentors."

"You did what?!" I exclaimed, running my eyes up and down her. She grinned mischievously. "What? She actually did prank three of her mentors. Couldn't help giving her a scare." Dex high-fived her.

"Alright, Felona, truth or dare?" Marella asked her. Felona eyed us with a doubtful expression before replying. "Truth. I don't trust you guys with dares," she said almost apologetically. I shrugged. "Can't blame you."

"Name everyone you've ever had a crush on," Marella ordered her. Felona sighed wistfully. "I had a crush on Fitz once," she admitted. Keefe snorted. "At this point, every girl at Foxfire's had one on him." Linh didn't seem offended at all. Felona continued her list. "I had one of Keefe, too." Keefe looked pretty triumphant at that. I facepalmed, my hand stinging. "And lastly Pailin!" she finished, kissing Pailin on the cheek. "Awww," Biana said sweetly. "I ship that, too!"

"Do elves actually ship?" I asked. Biana nodded. "Yep!"

Felona pointed at Fitz. "Truth or dare Fitz?" Fitz looked panicked, as if he were caught in a spotlight. "Erm- I- uh, dare." Keefe elbowed him. "If you'd chosen truth, we'd no longer be friends," he told him. Fitz rolled his eyes.

"Let the person on your right draw on your face," she told him. The person on his right was Keefe. "Oh, yes!" he exclaimed, pumping his fist in the air. Fitz groaned, slamming his face into his hands. Keefe turned to Felona. "This is the best gift you could ever give me," he told her. I burst out laughing.