•03•

Nora flinched as heavy footsteps sounded from the stairs

Nora flinched as heavy footsteps sounded from the stairs. Bella stumbled into the living room in all of her clumsy glory, falling onto the couch next to her as she fumbled to tie her shoes. Nora raised an eyebrow and sat up, placing her sketchbook on the table before giving Bella her undivided attention.

"Where's the fire, Bells?" Bella didn't answer and her face began to turn red with aggravation as she continued to struggle with her laces. Rolling her eyes, Nora lent forward and tied them for her, shushing her sister and waving her away when she began to protest. Bella secretly enjoyed her older sister caring for her like this-she used to do the same when they were kids.

"I just need to go and see Jacob, it's important." Bella mumbled, avoiding her sister's eyes as she looked at her in disbelief. Nora had made it perfectly clear how she felt about both Jacob and Edward. Bella knew she wouldn't be happy about this but after her nightmare last night she had to see if her theory was true. If Jacob was really a... werewolf then she deserved to know, he was her best friend-or at least he had been.

Nora exhaled shortly through her nose, grabbing her sketchbook and lounging back into the comfortable couch cushions, continuing where she left off like they hadn't just been talking. Bella looked at her with confusion shining in her brown eyes and Nora sighed as she felt her sister's unrelenting stare burrow into the side of her head.

"I'm not going to stop you, Bella. You're eighteen and you can do what you want. I still don't like him but dad would probably be happy to know that you're seeing Jacob, so I don't want to come across as the villain." She didn't look up from her drawing as she spoke, focused on getting all of the lines and shading right. Bella thanked her with a small smile before she walked quickly towards the door, grabbing her brown hoodie off the coat rack.

"Don't do anything I wouldn't do." Nora called, her only answer being the slam of the door. Chuckling, she reached to grab her coffee off the table, reminiscing about how nice it was to have the house all to herself. Her dad was at work so he wouldn't be back for a while and she had no idea how long Bella's little mission was going to be. Looking down at her drawing her brows furrowed in confusion.