•35•

"I'm telling you, I'm telling you, someone is going to get killed

"I'm telling you, I'm telling you, someone is going to get killed. Just mark my words. This was such a bad idea! No, I need to go...I...I need time, so much more time...and now I–I can't breathe. I can't breathe, Nora!"

Bella had been ranting and raving for the last five minutes, and Nora was about ready to explode if she didn't quiet down soon.

They had only just arrived at the Cullens after collecting her from their fathers house; all Nora had been told by Marcus was that they were seeing the family about something important. Something about reforming alliances. That was all.

And she heavily cursed her generous nature that had forced her to convince the unsure men to bring Bella along.

Her sister kicked a stone into the shadowed and still rain wet green shrubbery to their left, hopping around like an anxious rabbit caught in a trap. She wrung her hands, her mouth opening, and Nora let her head flop back with a noiseless groan, a fraction of patience away from clamping her hands over her ears.

"Like, what if they start something? What if they haven't let the whole Edward thing go? What if–"

"Oh God, Bella!" That was it. It had been officially exceeded. There were actually tears in Nora's eyes when her frowning sister stopped in front of her. "I think my ears are bleeding, just–" She got her frantic tone under control, her smile kind but her eyes wide and screaming for peace, "Please, I'm begging you, just stop worrying, 'kay? For the sanctity of my mind."

"I..." Bella pouted her lips, aware she might have been on a bit of a nervous tangent. Embarrassed at the fact the grieving vampires had probably heard her, too, she nodded and sighed, dragging her feet and hauling herself up to sit next to her sister. "Sorry." She mumbled, picking at her sleeves.

Nora knocked into her shoulder with her own, the collision padded by their winter coats, feeling a little bad about her reaction but then a whole lot better when Bella's morose expression lifted. "It's fine. Just chill okay?"

She snuck a side–glare full of prejudice at the house before them from where they sat, on the cold hood of the kings car, dangling legs crossed at the ankles as she picked away at her noir gel nail polish.