•08•

Nora's POV

Nora's POV

"I'm sorry, what?" To say I was astounded was an understatement, this was actually insane! To believe you were a vampire was ridiculous. I mean sure, they had red eyes and skin so pale I wondered if they had ever seen the sun. Every person in this god forsaken place was beautiful but they could just be a bunch of genetically gifted goths with a shit ton of money and a commitment to wearing contacts every day. I stared incredulously before bursting into loud laughter, one of those uncontrollable ones where you couldn't stop.

They stared at me speechless and wide eyed. It was quite the funny sight to see such regal and elegant people so shaken. I'll take a wild guess and say they didn't expect me to react this way but it's not like they were being serious, it must be some kind of prank. They were dangerous, sure but they couldn't be vampires, it's not possible.

"You guys are funny," I giggled manically and wiped a tear from my eye. "But you don't seriously expect me to believe this crap, right? I don't know what's going on here but I know it can't be that. I guess you thought you'd trick the naive American girl for a laugh but, I came here for answers not pranks so please...tell me the truth."

They seemed at a loss for what to do next. Aro was comically opening and closing his mouth like a fish and Marcus was frozen, much like he had been the first time I had seen him.

Caius was by far the most at ease about all of this, rolling his eyes at his lost brothers and leaning closer toward me, capturing all of my attention with his fierce stare.

Okay, well I wasn't laughing now.

"It is the truth, mia stella. Trust me when I say we would never lie to you, especially about something as serious as this." He was being honest and blunt like I'd asked, I could see the truth shining in his eyes and when I looked at Marcus and Aro the same sincerity could be found in their scarlet gazes as well.

My disbelieving smile dropped quickly, nausea clenching my stomach at the prospect that what they said was real. Denial still lay in the forefront of mind, it was only natural after all, what self respecting person would believe something like this straight away?