Manager's Pride (Part 1)

"... Y/N-Kun?"
".... Eh?"
When he was called out, Y/N raised his head to find A-Chan looking at him.
"Were you listening just now?"
"...ah... Sorry  I was a bit lost in thought"
Y/N's current location was the Holo-Office room for staff, dance classes and singing classes were already over for the day. The other hololive members were currently off performing their own duties, so currently it was just A-Chan and Y/N in the room, working on the schedule for the upcoming concert.

"Y/N, you are a bit weird today. Like your head is in the clouds or something."
" At this point I would rather put my head in the cloud, rather than thinking about these things. It is not that fun, trust me"
"If you're tired, we can call it a day, we can just tackle it tomorrow.., We just need one more member to sort out..."
"No, I'm fine. I'm not tired. That member is also my responsibility, I at least need to do my own job..."
"But..."

A-Chan's gaze was filled with concern. Y/N probably had a horrendous face today.

" I had a fight with her and said something that I should never have, I end up hurting her because of that"

"......."
"And it looks like she even stopped coming to her dance class. At this rate, she won't be able to perform in concert and ...the stupid manager position of mine will be fired, and she will be better off with a new one. "
Without a doubt, yesterday's fight affected Y/N. But as things stood, he wouldn't be able to keep his job. Even if he is not fired, he would tell himself that he doesn't deserve this position, but at the same time, if the part of the concert fails, Aqua would cry even more than yesterday. He really hated himself for not realizing how she felt and how hard she had worked for her job. He had even hurt her and himself to some degree.

"Don't say something like that, if I have seen you as nuisance and trouble to company, you would be packing belongings long time ago"
"But, remember the one time when you interview for this position, The plus points are Decisiveness, Boosting Morale and Physical status as bonus points. Right now, I am not good at deciding on the spot and my physical status is too poor, even some kids could beat me into pulp. Now, My idol was hurt mentally because of me, I am just a failure as a manager."
In the midst of Y/N's self loathing, he felt the burning, stingy sensation on his cheeks. The origin of that feeling was A-Chan slapping his cheek. Y/N was thrown back into real life by force and thrown off guard against being suddenly slapped like that..
"Wah-A-Chan, What is that for...?
"Slapping you to get some sense in your head"
"Why?!"

"Because you had such a difficult expression on your face, it is kinda making me sick just looking you"

"Ah... Still..."
"But still I am glad, You're finally more energetic."

Though her method was a bit questionable, Y/N did indeed feel a bit better after he was thrown back to reality by force. When he understood her motive,

"Just listen to me, Y/N, You don't have to think too deeply into it. Just do whatever you want to do"
"What do I want to do? Like what?"
"Well, what you want to do.?"
"What I want to do...."

"Yeah...
"For her...? I..."

When A-Chan pointed this out to him, Y/N finally understood. He was only looking at Aqua's sad future, and had already subconsciously given up on his dream life. What he wanted all along was for her to smile, the answer was that simple from the very start-

"I don't want her to see her sad again"
"Yeah."

Hearing his response, A-Chan let out a warm smile

She gave the lost child one final push. If he made her cry before, he just had to make sure that she wouldn't do so again. If he gave up, he'd lose his last chance. And now that he decided that, he knew what to do. Humans are prideful creatures, but they still make mistakes. The important part is, if they can own up to it and fix it, there's always a second chance for anything. If one just runs away from the problem by just being pessimistic, nothing will happen

"Sorry, A-Chan, I have some urgent business, so can I leave early?"
"Yeah, I can do the ticket quantity by myself"
"Thank you!"

Picking up his bag, Y/N dashed out of Holo-building. Left alone in the Holo-Office, A-Chan let out a quiet "At the end, it ends up backfiring huh, at the same time, it is chance for them" which would never arrive at anyone's ear.

Leaving the Holo-building behind him, he emailed the three people that he could use some help from.

With curtains closed, the darkness filling the room, Aqua was lying on her bed. She was still wearing her pyjamas. Nobody knew how much time she had passed in this situation. The incident of the previous night was the trigger for this, but instead of working towards solving the situation, she was just postponing the necessary confrontation. Whether it be her job or Y/N, nothing at all had been cleared up as yet-

"...Haah."
Letting out a sight, she rested her head on her pillow. Inside this dark room, the screen of her smartphone suddenly lit up.
"Another call.?"
For a while now, her smartphone would start vibrating for a few seconds, but the girls showed no intention of answering.
"Of Course, I'd get really frustrated after seeing something like that.."
The childhood friend she had spent a long time with was being lovey-dovey with another girl. Not being able to keep a calm mind, she was careless later in her class and made some mistake like some beginner which got her on the stop. Not to mention that, even though he came later to greet her out of concern, she made him mad as a result.

"What is she doing?"
She hates it when he shows kindness to someone else instead of her. Ru-Chan was his little sister, so that was something different. But There were also some Sora and Fubuki. She wanted him to have fun with her but at the same time
"He looked like he had fun with Sora-Senpai"
Just as Ru-Chan previously started, at his rate, there was no guarantee that the boy would return as her when she was the cause of a lot of trouble.

"But I don't have any right to monopolize him"

The person who made Y/N the temporary manager was no one other than her Aqua, herself. From being stubborn just from one incident, to separating from the manager position-everything just happen because of her own actions

Did she even have the right to ask him to come back?

Even so, when he told her that he preferred the student council, it felt like a sharp blade ran through her chest. She wouldn't open the emails that she received because she was simply afraid. What if one from Y/N, "I decided to change my position?" A last goodbye, A resignation from my job? Thinking that she lost all her energy so much as moving her body to check. Even though staying like this wouldn't change anything at all... Even though at this rate, she would lose her dear friend and betray the expectation that she is carrying

Imagining the dark future, tears once more started from her eyes,"If only I hadn't been more stubborn..."