I'd like to borrow a boyfriend (Sora Route)

“-Then how about we go out?”
For a moment, Y/N couldn’t understand the meaning of those words.
He was in the Holo Office, after his job had ended, and the words that Sora spoke while standing in front of him were enough to greatly shake the young man maiden’s heart

What’s this about? Why would Sora-Senpai….?

It wasn’t just him. Any boy would cease to function after being asked that by a beauty of Sora’s level. Naturally, the situation left him confused, but there was no way he could keep quiet forever. Hence, he decided to question the girl's intentions.

“G-Go Out…W-W-W-What are you impwawying wiff that?!”
He bit his tongue. Really hard, too, which made him unable to speak properly. The young Y/N obviously completely failed at keeping calm. Indeed, he was immediately lost to panic. Ignoring the flub, the young girl watched her Kouhai panicking and threw him another bone,

“Exactly, what I said? A boy-girl relationship, a boyfriend-girlfriend relationship, that kind of stuff you know, yeah I meant that sort of thing.”
“Ehhhh?”

Naturally, any boy his age would jump in joy after being told that a girl like her, and would start thanking the heavens, However the boy named Y/N was just built different

This has to be sort of a trap, right?!

What was filling his heart wasn’t joy, but suspicion. For what reason? It was simple, For our pure maiden boy, This is the first confession he receives. For this poor boy who just waited a long year to hear these words, made unable to act as a normal boy.

“Umm, is this some sort of joke?”
“....I wouldn’t joke about something like that”

In response to Y/N’s question, Sora puffed out her lips and pouted,

What’s with the cute reaction? If you make that kind of face, even I will get my hopes up, you know? I’ll really think that my popularity has finally arrived, okay?!

Still wary, the boy asked yet another bold question.
“S-So then did you f-f-fall for me!?”
“Well, I certainly don’t hate you, but if I had to say, It’s probably a no, I guess~”
“It figures…”
But there was now another question that had to be asked and answered,

“Then why did you suddenly bring that up?”
“Hmmmmm…”

The smile on the girls’face disappeared. So did her cheerful mood and nice atmosphere.
“It’s a bit hard to say…”
“Did something happen?”

“I feel like...Someone has been watching me all the time/”
“What do you mean by that?”
“When I walk down the town street, on my way home from the office…. I can feel a presence that’s always behind my back.”
“So you are saying that it’s a stalker?”

“Ahahaha,I guess that’s what it boils down to”
“Isn’t that pretty dangerous? I don’t think that you should laugh about that sort of thing”

Even if it is indeed a stalker, there were several possibilities as to what he could be doing.
First, it might just be a persistent admirer. They might start wiretapping and other measures to check her daily life. In the worst case, they might even resort to violence. In a certain sense, Sora was a good-willed stalker in Minecraft that look after a member, although, Y/N couldn’t exactly praise her for that

“The thing is , I’ve never seen the stalker’s face, but it just feels like someone has been following me, and I can feel their gaze on me… and I’ve just been too scared to check..”
“I see”

Though she might not have definite proof, just because there’s no smoke doesn't mean that there can’t be a fire. When you consider Sora’s beauty and friendly personality, Y/ could imagine that she had a lot of secret admirers that held one-sided feelings toward her. The possibility wasn’t low that one of them would reach a point where he wouldn’t be able to hold himself back.

“But wouldn’t it be better to ask a A-Chan or Yaggo for help instead of me?”
“I mean, it might very well just be my imagination, there hasn’t been any apparent damage yet, so I don’t want to turn this into that big of a deal just yet.”

“I understand where you are coming from, but…”
If even the existence of said stalker couldn’t be guaranteed, she couldn’t exactly give proof,. Since she was Idol of the hololive, spreading groundless rumours only herself, So Y/N understood her reasoning behind not wanting that to happen.

“As for my reasoning behind asking you out, if this stalker is really determined, then I was thinking that he might give up if I had a boyfriend. If that even spreads to the public, we can just say we are not dating.
“So that’s what it was about.”

Y/N himself thought that a confession out of the blue like that was way too absurd, but now he understood why she had done so.

“I was hoping that you could pretend to be my boyfriend for a while’
“Hmmm”

A fake boyfriend might definitely help make this potential stalker give up. But it would mean that they would start dating. Although just on the outside. Circumstances were circumstances, but Y/N didn’t feel right deceiving everyone else.

“Y/N-Kun… Do you hate me?”
“Eh?”
“Do you hate me so much that you won’t even play along to help me..?
“No that is not really it but…”
That way of phrasing things was more than unfair in Y/N’s eyes. Her saddened expression, and the way she was looking up at him, every part of it was foul play. As her ultimate attack, the Senpai took this poor boy’s hesitating hand.

“Please! In return,  during the time we’re pretending like this, I’ll act like your real girlfriend! You want to experience what it’s like to have a cute girlfriend, right?”
“A real girlfriend…”
“Y/N kun is the only one I can ask for this.:
“Ugh…”
Setting aside the wonderful favour she had offered, it was true that the girl looked really troubled by this. Ignoring her request was not something that Y/N could allow himself to do. In her case, what she needed was probably more of a bodyguard than a boyfriend anyway.

“I understand, I’ll help you.”
Really?”
“Plus, this is the perfect chance to repay you for treating me nicely through 3 days , anyway.”
“Thank You!”

Sora assertively shook Y/N’s hand with hers. Y/N felt himself blushing ever so slightly from the softness he felt. Although he thought that he got used to his sort of contact between opposite sex thanks to the teasing and hugging from Rushia , Y/N couldn’t help but be a bit nervous while being touched by the other sex like this.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I will update next chapter in 4 or 6 Hours. Bye see ya