The Beginning

*A/N: I literally love the Scream movies and Criminal Minds so much that I thought a crossover would be amazing. I would give you all the backstory but it would be too much. So you will learn as you read. I feel like it might make it more fun this way. I also do not own any of these characters except for my OC character Courtney.*

Chapter One: The Beginning

Courtney POV

I was awoken by my husband's phone ringing indicating that we most likely had a case. My husband Aaron and I worked for the BAU. I decided to lay there quietly until he woke me up.

Aaron: Sweetheart, it's time to get up. Strauss just called. We need to be at work within the hour. A case has come directly to her that needs our attention immediately. She told me none of the details so we might wanna take more clothes in our go bag just to be safe.

Courtney: okay babe. I'll get showered and dressed real quick and add some more outfits to our bags. Do you know where my phone is I can't seem to find it?

Aaron: sweetheart, you left it in the car last night I do recall so you wouldn't be distracted and we could go straight to bed. [he looks at you with a smirk] remember you were eager last night.

Courtney: [matches smirks with Aaron] that I was babe that I was.

Aaron and I shared a quick kiss then Aaron and I quickly got ready and I packed up our go bags while he made us some coffee in our travel mugs then we headed out to our car. When we got to the car Aaron got in the drivers seat while I put our stuff in the back and got in the passenger side.

Aaron: here's your phone. Courtney you have seven missed calls from Gale.

Courtney: that's odd. I'll call her back while we are driving to the office.

[on the phone with Gale]

Gale: Courtney courtney thank goodness you called me back.

Courtney: Gale (nervous) what's wrong?

Gale: is Aaron with you?

Aaron: yes Gale I'm right here.

Gale: it's happening. Two teen girls Marnie Cooper and Jenny Randall were stabbed and murdered by a Ghostface copycat or something. Dewey went to the scene alone and was attacked. He is okay. The wound isn't fatal by any means. But it's happening again.

Aaron and I exchanged an horrified look

Courtney: What do you mean it's happening again? What do you mean Dewey was attacked? I can't go through this again. More people we love can't die. More innocent people can't die. I thought it was all over after Roman

Aaron puts a reassuring hand on my thigh and rubs circles on it to try and calm me down.

Aaron: it's been 10 years why is this happening again? Why now?

Gale: I have no idea.

Courtney: Have you told Emily?

Gale: No I haven't spoken to her in a few weeks. Do you think you both could tell her when you see her at the office?

Courtney: Yeah I can. Listen Gale, I want to come down there and help but we just got a case. If the case isn't too bad and they could handle it without me I will come to Woodsboro but we just got to the office so let me call you back in a little bit. Be safe and tell Dewey I love him.

Gale: you both be safe too. We love you.

[hangs up phone]

Aaron: Sweetheart, are you okay?