Trick or Treat?

It was around noon on a Sunday at the Chi Theta Sigma sorority house, and about half of the sisters in residence were in the kitchen eating a late breakfast.

Lisa was perched on one of the bar stools along one side of the large kitchen island, mechanically chewing on a piece of dry toast. Her head was pounding and her stomach felt queasy. Like several of her sisters, she was nursing a hangover. Not the debilitating kind; she didn't get totally wasted at Seulgi's party last night.

But she certainly needed several hard drinks after Irene dragged her into the bathroom and soundly kissed her.

The sensory memory of Irene's body pressed up against hers, hands gripping her waist under her shirt, tongue stroking hers flashed into her mind, and she suddenly felt dizzy. And that wasn't from the hangover.

Lisa couldn't find Irene at the party after that. After about half an hour of covertly searching for Irene in all the rooms of the house, the blonde had to accept the fact that her roommate had probably gone home. Jisoo was also nowhere to be found, and so Lisa parked her butt on the couch and sulkily drank cranberry vodkas with two Chemical Engineering dudes until the rest of her sorority sisters were ready to go back home. She would have absolutely gone back home earlier (and confront her roommate), but she stupidly forgot her phone at the sorority house and couldn't take an Uber by herself.

When she finally arrived at the house, she sprinted up the stairs to her bedroom on the third floor. She barely managed to keep the door from banging against the wall when she threw it open.

Irene was in bed, fast asleep.

Lisa hesitated at the door. She resisted the urge to march over to Irene's bed and shake her awake and say, tell me exactly what that kiss meant.... how are you just sleeping right now?

But she couldn't, of course. Not unless she wanted to die. Irene had put the fear of God in her the very first night they spent as roommates. She informed Lisa to never wake her when she was sleeping, the only exception if there was a four-alarm fire in their house.

When Lisa woke up that morning, she was alone in the room. She glanced at Irene's empty bed, neatly made with military corners.

The blonde got up and snatched a baby blue Chi Theta Sigma hoodie from the foot of her bed. She ran down the stairs to the first floor while pulling on the hoodie. She stopped at the window facing the back of the house, scanning the parking lot for Irene's silver Audi.

Okay. Irene's here.

And now here she was, nonchalantly eating breakfast with the rest of her sisters. Waiting for a certain raven-haired sorority president to show up. A raven-haired sorority president who she totally made out with in a bathroom at a party last night.

After a few minutes of anxiously fidgeting on the barstool, Irene suddenly appeared in Lisa's line of sight. The sorority president walked up to the refrigerator and opened the door.

Be cool.

Lisa's body was frozen, but her eyes tracked Irene's movements across the kitchen. She watched her pour a half cup of frozen blueberries and shove several stalks of kale into a bullet blender. Lisa painfully swallowed the bite of dry toast in her mouth.

Lisa noted Irene's salmon-colored cashmere sweater, carefully pressed white capri pants and tan ballet flats. Her sleek black hair was draped her over the front of her shoulder, not a strand out of place. She looked super put together and chic, per usual. Not like she just rolled out of bed and wearing pajamas and a too-big hoodie.