Big Mistake

When Lisa walked into their room later that afternoon, Irene was folding her laundry.

Lisa's stomach dropped at the sight of the raven-haired girl.

Her heart felt like it was ricocheting in her chest cavity, but Lisa calmly walked to her side of the room. After hanging her purse on the back of her desk chair, she sat down on her bed. She started scrolling through her Instagram while sipping on the coffee that she got in a to-go cup at Pop's.

Make up tutorials.

Doug the Pug.

K-pop boybands.

Jennie with a smirk, staring straight at the camera, with someone's hand cupping the side of her face tenderly. Lisa recognized that manicure with the turquoise accent nail. That was Jisoo's hand.

Crunchy ASMRs.

More make up tutorials.

But Lisa wasn't really seeing the stream of images and videos on her screen. Her eyes traveled up to the top of her phone to peek at her roommate who was currently putting away a stack of pastel cardigans into an open drawer.

Irene looked as cool as a cucumber. Like a placid lake. Totally unperturbed, like she didn't just spend last night getting rawed.

Lisa screwed her eyes shut and made a frustrated noise in the back of her throat. That was Jennie's words in her head, egging her on.

The sorority president ignored her random outburst, still looking serene as she put her sock on the drawer.

Lisa was tired of acting cool. She took a deep breath. "Irene? Are we gonna talk about last night, or....?"

Irene's hand paused in midair for a second. She placed the neatly folded pair of socks in the drawer before pushing it closed. She turned around to face Lisa, defiantly lifting her chin, but couldn't quite meet Lisa's doe eyes.

Irene's tone matched her miffed expression when she replied, "Yeah sure, we can talk about it. You came home drunk. Completely disregarding what I've said to you about not coming into this room unless you're completely sober. You went against our roommate contract that we set up in the beginning of the semester."

"Okay?" Lisa's eyes widened. "But what about the part where," she paused, her face pinching into a frown. "We had sex? Are you seriously going to ignore that?!"

"Keep your voice down," Irene hissed, her eyes darting to the closed door of their room. "No, I'm not ignoring that fact that we....did stuff. What the heck do you want me to say, Lisa? You came home wasted, you stripped naked, and then crawled into my bed!"

"I wasn't wasted!" Lisa protested. "Yeah, I was a bit drunk. That was....yeah. I'm sorry! But...I just thought you wanted a cuddle."

Irene rolled her eyes. She started to turn away, like she was done with the conversation.

"But what happened after, that wasn't all me. It seemed to me you were a pretty willing participant," Lisa insisted.

She hated having to press Irene like this, but it was going to drive her insane if they didn't talk about it. She wasn't going to spend the rest of the school year as Irene's roommate and pretend that last night never happened. No sir. Irene might be fine living in denial, but she wasn't a fan of the neighborhood.

Lisa stood up and walked towards her roommate, who regarded her warily. She felt like she was cornering a frightened animal. Although after last night, she knew very well that this little kitty cat had claws.