Chapter 2

Xie Lian stared at the two for a bit unsure as to what to do or say. It had already been years since they have last seen each other, and not to mention that they had separated on horrible terms. However he decided to handle this the best way possible without drawing up the instances from the past. He smiled and said.

"It has been a while has it not? Are you both well?"

Feng Xin was startled at his greeting and couldn't find a way to respond, so instead Mu Qing spoke up.

"It sure has been a while since you've ventured out into public eye...Xie Lian...or would you still prefer your highness?"

Xie Lian wasn't sure whether to laugh or cry at the tone of his voice. It was a bit mocking, and yet he didn't seem to really feel any anger toward him.

"Um, just my name is fine....no need for such old titles that do not even exist anymore..."

"You really have no idea how the world had moved on huh?"

"Hm..?"

Feng Xin clears his throat and speaks, "Many came to believe that you vanished after everything, so many tend to mourn every year, while others from the previous company still feel a sense of scorn toward you,"

Xie Lian blinks, but then smiles.

"Let them hate me all they like. It does nothing for them or me in the long run. Besides, what's gone is gone. There's no helping that," he says and turns back to the help desk as he's given a few extra papers including a new night schedule and a map of the campus. He turns back to his previous companions and keeps his calm smile.

"I don't believe I should be thought of so highly in any type of way. It's rather embarrassing. But in any case, I suppose we will be seeing each other more so on campus now, hm? If you choose, you don't need to speak with me if it makes you feel uncomfortable,"

He truly didn't want them to have any hard feelings from the past, and in all honesty he already suspects Mu Qing of having those kinds of feelings so it was best to just get out now while they can. They both stare at him with looks that questioned his words. However, as he prepared to head to his class they decided to follow and he was unsure as to why. They were the ones who had left before, and now all of a sudden they want to join him, follow him like they did once before. While it felt a bit nice to have them at his side again, it was a bit awkward and annoying as they would bicker along the way. Once he reaches the doors of his classroom he turns to the two,

"Well it was nice to have you both with me again, but unless you share this class with me please be sure to go to your own classes,"

The two look to each other before pulling out their schedules and handing them to him. He looks over and freezes. Their schedules were the same as his except for one class that was his major. Of course, they still had other classes they could take besides the one for their major, but for their schedules to match like this. He was not sure whether to laugh or cry once more. He gives up and enters into the classroom and decides to find a seat at the very back of the classroom. Though the moment the room begins to fill up, he starts to feel many of the eyes in the classroom turning to stare at the trio. A calm centered person sitting in between two fairly dangerous and intelligent people. Not before long many began to whisper to one another, and while he was used to people and their chatter, he still felt slightly awkward. He sighs and reaches into his bag to pull out a sketchbook so he may attempt to get his next project done. His hands roam through his bag for his pencil set, until they brush against something rather flat like hitting against his books.

"Huh?"

The other two look to him.

"What is it?" Mu Qing asks.