Chapter 3

Late into the night Xie Lian sat with his books laying before his chest, and his hand firmly grasping at the pencil in his hand. While he majored in art, he also had his other classes that made up the rest of his time. It was only natural for him to have more work to do. Sitting across from him was his new friend, who was watching him closely with his sketchbook sitting before him. His long fingers twirled his pencil around in circles with a smile curled at the corners of his lips. His eyes squinting with delight as they stared at the person before him. He would watch his every move closely. The way his eye lids fell with gentle care, his gaze fixed along the words before him. His eyelashes carefully resting on his cheeks when his eyes blink with a bit of sleepiness in his gaze. His facial features burning into his mind. The sharp lines of his jaw, to the soft smooth textures of his skin, the way his long hair would rest over his shoulders and move along with his body. His thin pink lips, and his slightly long fingers that carried a softness to them.

"Gege..." he calls softly.

"Hm...?"

"Are you getting tired...?" he asks.

Xie Lian raises his head for a moment, and when he does he takes a moment to notice the distance that was now in between their faces. His eyes lock into the deep red eyes before him. However he noticed that something was bit off about one of them. In an attempt to not be rude, he doesn't ask. San Lang carefully reaches over and strokes his cheek underneath his eye. His smile turns upside down to a small frown that seemed concerned. Despite his sudden touch he didn't flinch at all. In fact, it was gentle. Just a small brush of the tip of his thumb. What he was looking at were the small bags forming under his eyes.

"Um...perhaps...but I need to study San Lang,"

"Gege...you should rest, don't you need to open in the morning..?"

Xie Lian sighs and lowers his head. He was correct. He did need to open up in the morning, but he honestly wished he could sleep in. If he was lucky enough he could more than likely get at best three hours of sleep before he needed to wake up and prepare. He closes his eyes and closes his book.

"Fine, I'll go ahead and go to sleep, but San Lang do you want to sleep on the bed yourself...? I don't mind sleeping on the floor.."

San Lang blinks, but smiles softly.

"Gege, If I need to sleep on the floor, then that's perfectly fine. No need to do that for me. I'm a guest, but you own this place. Don't stress yourself about me and my needs okay?"

Xie Lian ponders on the thought. He didn't want to let him just go without a comfortable bed, and by the looks of his fashion sense, and his school materials; he didn't seem even like the middle class type. He could very well be a young rich lord all on his own.

"Are you sure..?" he asks.

"I'm sure," he says.

Xie Lian gives up on asking and gets up. He goes into the drawers by his bed to pull out a couple of bed sheets when an idea suddenly pops into his head.

He turns to San Lang with a smile.

"It may be a bit small, but it can still fit us both. It may be a tight squeeze, but it should still be comfortable enough for us,"

San Lang takes a moment to process the words that had just left his lips. He suggested for them to sleep together in the same bed. Does he realize how scandalous this could seem to be? He seemed rather scared and nervous of laying beside him, but if he was willing then how could he say no?

"Gege, are you sure?"

He smiles and nods.

"Of course,"