Chapter 12

By nightfall, Xie Lian is left a bit exhausted by the events of the day, and was not looking forward to his night classes. Luckily the weekend was upon him, and he was just waiting to get away from his troubling week. He just wanted to relax. However, his café was still an issue he needed to work around. He wanted to also spend some time with San Lang in order to talk with him about everything and his plans with his newly found therapist. And now that he had agreed to live in his large mansion with him he honestly had more time to spend with him. The only thing that was worrying him was the upcoming sessions with his memories. He wasn't expecting to have to go back and recount everything, but in the end he accepted the fact that he had to. He was afraid. Terrified even. But it needed to be done. 

With all these thoughts in mind, he wasn't able to focus. San Lang had tried to soothe his worries on the ride to their classes, but nothing was appearing to work which honestly concerned him. Upon stepping onto the campus, San Lang takes his hand into his with a small frown. 

"Your highness...will you be okay?"

"I am not sure, but I will let you know if I can't handle being in class okay? And if not me, Feng Xin or Mu Qing will. I trust them to alert you if I can't. I know you don't like them, but I know that they would never let me go down,"

"Very well....I will not question your decisions here,"

Xie Lian smiles and kisses his cheek, "Thank you San Lang. Please behave?"

The wealthy artist chuckles lightly, "I will unless someone tests me,"

Xie Lian sighs lightly, but doesn't drop his smile at all. He wasn't concerned with him getting into trouble since most were already afraid of him, but still he didn't want his name or anything to be tarnished. As the two separate, Xie Lian becomes a little bit self-conscious with himself. He begins to listen to the whispers around him as he walks through the halls to his classroom. People heard about the crowd before his café and now they were trying to see as to why he would turn them away. He could have became famous again. He could have gotten his name back out there. He could have reclaimed fame and fortune in the names of his parents. He could have gone back to a more lavish life style where he didn't need to worry about anything. The fact that he was in a plain university meant that he was just in that much of a bad state. 

'The people really don't know anything, therefore I can't judge them from wanting to be so curious about my choices. But it is beginning to be a problem. I should find a way to solve this.'

He enters into his classroom and looks up to the seats at the very back to see his two friends sitting there with stern looks on their faces. He makes his way over and sits in between them.

"Hello you two,"

They both turn to him and give him a glare of disappointment.

"Do we need to reclaim our roles?" Feng Xin asks. 

"Because all of the chaos from this morning is now setting off some alarms. Your café may not be safe for long."

"No, that's quite alright. And it doesn't matter, San Lang already has a couple of guards watching over the café, and I'm also going to be staying with while things cool down."

"WHAT?!"

Their screams ring throughout the classroom as dozens of eyes turn to them with shock. 

"Are you fucking kidding me?!" Feng Xin shouts.

"For once I agree, what the hell are you thinking?!"

"Ah, please calm down and lower your voices." he says with a laugh that was filled with a bit of uncertainty. He probably shouldn't have said anything.  But there was no turning back.