Chapter 16

With the exhibition on its way Xie Lian decided to ensemble some people that he knew could pull off the job. People who had actually reached out to him as he got older, to apologize. Many musicians during his time as an idol were always willing to work with fresh talents because they all wanted to pass along legacies of their own. And an orchestra of talents were a team, a family that shared nothing but their passion for music. Feng Xin and Mu Qing were a couple of those people. They played several instruments during their time as his sidekicks. Mu Qing was well taught the art of playing the piano, and drums. But stringed instruments were all Feng Xin's strongest suit. It didn't matter what kind, if it had strings he could play it with ease. Mu Qing was best with the piano to the extent that he could either put you to sleep or he could make your heart flutter in ways you would never think were possible.

Xie Lian figured it would be best to recruit them even though San Lang was a bit hesitant considering his own personal grudges against them. But he wouldn't dare say no to his partner. The two decide to head to the cafe so that they could speak with Shi Qingxuan and He Xuan about what was going to be happening within the coming days. This meant the two would need to be taking shifts even more so for Xie Lian. However, he already promised that he would be around to help them out from time to time which wasn't a problem for him to do. As far as his schooling goes, he could easily finish all of his assignments without much effort so that was not an issue either. Now his student council work was what was going to be a headache go him, but he didn't care. His main focus was the music he was going to be in charge of producing.

He goes up to his small bedroom in the attic and scrambles to find a suitcase he had hidden under the bed. Within it were dozens upon dozens of music scores. Some were already covered in musical notes and others with only half of the pages filled. Many were also left empty. He grabs the few that were full of musical notes and turns to San Lang.

"I have plenty of finished music already, but the arrangements and lyrics are all that need to be done."

San Lang blinks in amazement as he takes the sheets of paper from his hands. He looks to every single sheet and finds that only one of them stood out from the others. He sets a handful down and holds up one set of sheets.

"This one..."

Xie Lian blinks and looks to the music sheet. He stares at the notes before looking back up at him.

"Are you sure...?"

"Yes. I even have a title for if if you'd let me name it..."

Xie Lian smiles and grabs a pen to write with.

"Go ahead."

"Gales of Song."

Xie Lian pauses for a moment before writing the name down onto the very top of the page. He smiles.

"It's lovely..."

"Then shall we prepare to gather everyone for a session?"